Example models

Does anyone have an example model for the OBJ loader WITH texture and an example model for the collada loader?

Marvin

For collada, look for Google Earth .kmz files and unzip them.

For OBJ, you can find some, searching “free 3D models” on Gooooogle. If they’re not OBJ, you can convert them with Wings3D…

If you don’t want to have all the hassle of the search-convert-integrate hunt I could ask special permission from my artists to provide you some Stratagem exclusive content ;D ;D ;D (no collada, though…)

Stupid me ;D. Should have thought about searching some models on the net.

I have used http://www.planit3d.com/ free download combo box

Cool page :). Thanks a lot.

What about a links-type page on Xith.org pointing to free art resources for those who don’t have artists ?

That would be soo cool :). Additionally there should be an information about what format the models have. I found only very few OBJ models so far and none of them had working textures and most of them didn’t even have a matlib.

Really cool would be some kind of “Models section” on xith.org describing how to create models (blender, wings3d, etc.), use the loaders, etc. and with a sub-category containing links to free models pages with meta info about hte formats etc.

Marvin

Go out to aoi.sourceforge.net and grab Art of illusion, genera6e your own obj’s