Planned features:

High-level engine mechanics

• World system
  • Entity system (World)
  • Automatic collision detection through JBox2D
  • Automatic gravity through world variables
  • Automatic lighting through materials in entities
  • Tile map loading

Asset Editor (“Game Design Environment”) - Great for non-programmers!

• JavaFX UI
  • Tile map editor
  • Level editor (Entity, light, and material configuration)
  • Pseudo code editor
  • UI editor
  • Animation editor

Current github: https://github.com/Spacebeans-/blue-machine
Current website: http://spacebeans-.github.io/blue-machine/
Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/passagearchive

Finally have a lighting system!

(http://gyazo.com/765c08660fa6e34b9bc705da0a6d3f90) For better quality

I am very open to criticism. Please, if one of my systems are
terribly implemented let me know! I’m still new to this.

- Why was it deleted? -
Because I had no motivation, I need to work on smaller projects and figure out how to make stuff before putting it into an engine. Blue engine is gone forever.

OpenCL -> processor/cpu?

I know OpenCL can be used to talk to accessory processors, but most people wont have those, that’s more for server based stuff. I think you mean GPU or you don’t really understand what OpenCL is. Second what would you use the OpenCL for? Physics is already being taking care of by box2d.

You should definitely learn a lot more about OpenCL before attempting to put it into a engine.

I thought it was a better way to change GPU bound problems into CPU bound. I will look up some information on it, but for now, it was just for explaining what each part of LWJGL does to newbs :slight_smile:

I’ll try to remove it from the “What does it do?” section.
Edit; Done!

[quote]I thought it was a better way to change GPU bound problems into CPU bound.
[/quote]
It’s the other way around.

Although the “2D engine” market is basically saturated, the features here do sound interesting, especially the FX ui. You should should make some demos and show how your project stands out from the rest.

The FX ui is for the engine’s “Game Design Environment”. It basically handles making levels, scripts (Possibly LUA), animations, entities, (Resources/Assets) and states for the game. Its mainly for the people who want to help, but don’t know how to use the actual “Java Part”.

I’m currently adding entities. I haven’t fully fully figured it out though. Basically, there are two types of entities, World, and UI. World entities can be lit, and can be lights also. World entities can be “attached” to other entities. By that I mean they share properties, like a gun and a character, and the light emitting from the gun.

UI entities can be buttons, and health bars. They could be attached to world entities, but world entities cannot be attached to them. Also, UI entities can access the parent entities variables and methods. Making it also easy to have a button above an entity (for example, a robot) to shoot itself. - Which is going to be a gameplay mechanic in my new game. (Thats all I’m going to say about that :slight_smile: )

Right now, I’m implementing “worlds” into the states. Basically, in the state class there is a world instance that you could access at any time. And it is used for adding and removing world entities. I also plan on having a sort of “UI world” (Not the actual name) for adding UI entities. You can also use some sort of method to load level and entities from an XML file. (Automatic level loading!!!) This XML file will be automatically generated by the “Asset Editor”.

It has a website now! :smiley:

http://spacebeans-.github.io/blue-machine/

woah! woah! woah! I thought you were calling this somthing else. (Byte K…) :-X

Hush.

I’ve added texture loading through resource management (load the texture once, then access its ID over and over) so you don’t have multiple textures eating up memory. I’ve got custom logging that handles saving files, logging custom errors, and throwables. I’ve made a better game loop with a good FPS log now, also some better XBox Controller support. VSync is broken though, can’t figure out why…

Point lights are implemented, I’m working on getting some screen shots up. But here’s a demo on the Xbox Controller.

(I just realized how bad the resolution is…)

GuEES7UcRaY

Nice, the texture doesn’t seem too light up to me, but it’s coming out well. I can see part of your sexy quad screen setup.

Yeah, shader doesn’t take into accord that the texture actually exists… Yet. I have to do entity handling first, and a part of that is implementing “materials” which I don’t want to get close to right now.

Imagine implementing this in 3D… a PAIN it would be.

Its a 2D engine, 3D with this light system would be impossible. (Metaphorically and Realistically)