Drop-down spoilers

(Images taken from Minecraft forums)

Opened:

Closed:

This is much more convenient than the current spoilers, and it takes up less space, especially for code/error dumps etc.

Any chance of this happening? :slight_smile:

nope

Just out of interest, why?

stone cold… ;D

He doesn’t work for free! He’s got tea to make!

:yawn:
[spoiler]
GASP
[/spoiler]

Why should code dumps be in spoiler tags?

Should be some trivial greasemonkey to restyle spoilers into a collapsible div if that’s how you like them.

So far all spoilers have been rather lame. Why bother?

Nobody use spoiler unless on random thread.

I would use spoilers more if they looked nicer and saved space.

Say I wanted to post a changelog that happened to be very long…

Spoilers would help readability.

Or you could keep it on github and post a link. I hate having to expand spoilers all the time.

Maybe we should try our best to not use spoiler, narrow the things down.

Too many new things recently, the 90% quote thing, the re-ranking of members, let’s just keep it as is.

Well, if everyone else seems against it then I guess it’s no point trying. :frowning:

Oh well…

All the ‘new things’ were put in place to get people to continute contribute meaningfully.

If you run into them, you might wonder why. I’m not just adding features for the sake of it.

I love continuting!

Me too!

The only reason I would want drop down spoilers is for screen shots and maybe change logs. We have the code dump for a reason.

I think just about every change has been for the better…the whole useless commenting one though just seems like a hassle to deal with as Riven would have to actually read every single post. :o