Note: I’ll be re-writing this OP eventually…
Over the past few months I’ve been very slowly learning Java and becoming better and better through re-writing this game multiple, around six, times now. This game will, hopefully, be a playable RPG in the future but for now it’s just a little project of mine.
It’s taken quite a while but I managed to wrap my head around how a bit of these things such as collision detection work and so I was able to finally get it working and into the game. Now that that, in my opinion, huge leap has happened I can finally start working on some of the more fun and interesting parts of the game.
Although there isn’t much to show, here is what the game currently looks like:
Random Ideas for the Future:
- The game will be a top down view just like an old NES style SRPG.
- There will be no set classes in the game. You decide if you want to be mele, caster or ranged at the beginning but you can become whatever you want.
- The game will be open ended as to allow me to keep adding content.
- Put enemies into the game and have them move around using waypoints.
- Create a decent looking map to play on.
- Get a custom made player sprite to replace the current one that I ripped off of google images.
- Create menus for quests, options, etc…
- Add sound and music.
- Add a battle system.