Dotz4k

Hey everyone, this is my first time in the Java4k competition, and I just wanted to make something simple to see how everything works. So, if you want to take a look at my game, that would be awesome!

http://www.java4k.com/index.php?action=games&method=view&gid=359

It’s a fun puzzle game where you try to get all the dotz into the center square using the red barriers. You also have to do it in the least amount of clicks and time as possible. Please leave your comments! Thanks.

It was quite difficult but I managed to get all back dots into the green field, but then nothing happened… :frowning: Some kind of victory screen with clicks and time on it would have been great.

Mike

What difficulty were you playing on? Because that’s exact ally what is supposed to happen. a victory screen come up at the end with all the stats. I just played it again to make sure, on all difficulties, and it worked just fine… are you sure you didn’t miss one?? Thanks for your help.

Nice original idea. Well, I’ve not seen it before.

Cas :slight_smile:

I did it on easy and it took like 500 clicks. It was especially difficult to keep the darn dots inside the green area, eventually I locked them up under red squares until I had all dots in the middle and, built a wall around it and then let them loose.

It would be easier if the dots disappeared when they entered the green area :slight_smile:

Mike

Neat idea. I thought I won, but nothing happened?

http://screensnapr.com/e/GNyqHF.png

Oooh nevermind, I needed one more red block. :slight_smile:

I get a ClassNotFoundException for DotzApplet.

Hmm… I haven’t seen anyone else get that… Are you sure you have the Pack200 and Java 1.6 (minimum) installed and working with Java?? That’s the only thing that I can think of…

That’s how it looked like for me too, all black dots on the green area, what other red block did you need? The one in the top left corner of the green area?

Actually, that should be fixed now :smiley:

Original concept, nicely implemented, and thankfully you decreased a lot difficulty, even on easy mode.

However, I’m afraid that nothing happened when I thought I had won on easy difficulty. The time counter, especially, didn’t stop. And I think that the green area was completely surrounded by red blocks.

Got the message now :slight_smile: 505 points on easy, it was going great (35 clicks) until there only were three left…

Mike

Hmm… Give it another try. Thanks!

Does anyone have any other suggestions for me?? Any help would be appreciated :smiley:

I confirm you that the game stopped properly when I won on my last tries, displaying the congratulations message and my final score.

Some other suggestions ? I regret that the game starts immediately after loading, and that you have to reload it in order to start a new game after a victory. Why not adding a main menu to handle these small issues ?

Thanks, I really appreciate the feedback.

Yay, beat on extreme. 8)

Nice! You’re the first person I’ve seen who actually has beaten it on Extreme. I know it’s possible, but I had just never see anyone else do it. Cool

Competition submission period is almost finished, any other quick suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

How about sound? :wink: