Doodle Jump for PC

I increased the FPS from 40 to 60, if I make it any more it will start to get choppy :slight_smile:
And those are my friends who asked me to put their faces in there :stuck_out_tongue:

have you thought about putting this game on Facebook? Im sure it would get a few users playing it. At least all the doodle jump fans "like"ing it.

You can’t embed a Java app in Facebook (at least, not last time I tried).
I already have a fan page for my website in general and I have about 600 likes :stuck_out_tongue:
I do however get about 2000+ views a day so I’m wondering why I don’t have more likes when I have a big Facebook box next to the game. ???

yeah you can, here is mine. You want me to setup and app page for it, then link to your fan page and url?

Whoa! I’ve been trying to use the applet in tag in FBML (i have no html experience except for my measly website).
Could you give me the FBML so I could put the game in a tab on my fan page?

I also dont know much about webpage dev.

If you want I can strip back my facebook stuff so that it is just a template and send it to you. I dont know what you mean by FBML (thats how little I know about webdev).

All I know is that I get the app to open a php file inside a frame, and the php file contains that applet tag.

FBML is Facebook’s own markup language (much like HTML) but stripped down.
And yes please! you could just past it in a reply and I’ll change whatever is needed :slight_smile:

cool. I have to leave to work soon, but ill download all the files from my webserver and strip it back tomorrow. Ill probably upload it all into its own thread for anyone else interesting in uploading a game to facebook, along with the instructions for setting it up.

Work?!? Where do you live?

And don’t forget to link to the new thread :slight_smile:

[quote=“ra4king,post:29,topic:36253”]
Australia, I work the graveyard shift.

[quote=“ra4king,post:29,topic:36253”]
will do.

I’m in the US and it is 4:47 am where I am (i don’t sleep much :smiley: )

the joys of getting into programming, it really takes a toll on a persons bio’clock.

my parents hate it and they’re doing all they can to control me :stuck_out_tongue:
too bad they’re asleep haha

Thank you for the removal of the popup but I cannot use the keyboard like before. Other applets in the showcase sections work fine on my machine (I have tested ApoMario for example).

The game works well here so I can’t give any feedback. I have advice, why dont make your own image and title for cpright safety? it’s not hard to draw an unanimated character (I think) :slight_smile:

Every button I have set works fine. You have to click to focus after clicking on “Play Now!”

I wanted to make it look like the original because people want something very similar to the actual Doodle Jump.
Plus I can’t draw on a computer to save my life :stuck_out_tongue:

I do this as the mouse works but not the keyboard. When I’m in the game, I can use the mouse to shoot and that’s all, I cannot move with the keyboard.

That is very strange. I hope I’m not insulting you with this last question, but are you using the arrow keys?

Yes I am. I tried to use both arrow keys and A & D. When I press a key, it works like the applet does not have the focus, the browser handles the key. This problem happens even though I click onto the applet.

The keys are similiar to one of browser’s shortcuts maybe?