Does this work

@Ray
That’s less a particle system and closer to a full fluid simulator, albeit with simplified physics. :stuck_out_tongue:
Reminds me of the sand games where you just edit the config file containing lists of particle names, rgb data, gravity, spread, density, etc.

Yeah, you’re probably right. It’s also probably a lot more complicated than what he needs. If all he’s planning is blood, he just needs a simple blood particle class like my original blood system from SixtyGig that just detects when it hits something. If he wants it to drips or pools if/when needed though it’ll get a little more complicated, but still not too bad. Once he hammers out the actual collision detection, writing behaviors to do after the fact wouldn’t actually be that hard.

Oh my god Ray, your particle effects are amazing.
You would be doing JGO a huge favor if you were kind enough to open-source your particle related code, I know that I would love to learn from your code.
Especially the pixel-perfect collision code :slight_smile:

I think if you use some kind of simple collision detection it would look a little better.
Maybe even make some randomly collideable/un-collideable.
If some of them stick on the ground and some fall down the level, would give it more depth.
Just my 2 cents :slight_smile:

Very nice work, keep it up :slight_smile:

I actually plan to do that later in development, probably once the game leaves Early Access and the code is more presentable. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well technically since it’s written in Java you can decompile the source of older versions and get ~95% of the code used :point:

I could go down that path, but I am doing this game mainly to try out libGDX, so I want to do things in a libGDX way. And while that of course doesn’t exclude embelleshing the existing particle system or writing my own, I would very much like it if I could get away with something created in libGDX particle editor and presented using the ParticleEmitter. Although all this talk about more realistic blood-spray have made me want to build a better particle system that is Box2D aware.

I am glad you liked it, thank you!