Disable Locking Posts in Articles and Tutorials Section

Just found that even posts in the articles and tutorials section get locked. I just wanted to fix some bad explanations in my tutorials but they are locked. So is locking in articles section is needed? I’d like no locking of the posts. Atleast, new posts can be disabled but editing them should be allowed.

Agree.

Why not simply ask for your thread to be unlocked? Why does everything has to change instead?

Didn’t know that I can ask for a thread to be unlocked. Please unlock this thread for me.

http://www.java-gaming.org/topics/lwjgl-tutorial-series-a-basic-game/30674/view.html

Thanks in advance.

Done.

Thank you Riven.

[quote]Why does everything has to change instead?
[/quote]
Because there is no visible purpose in how it is.

Sure. Whatever I do, somebody will say it serves no purpose. The thread locking was requested, too… because people kept necroing threads.

Ok then.

Thread locking is a good idea, but how about giving the user who started the thread access to unlock the thread by posting an update?

Oh, you ment that by thread locking…
Why not make threads always accessible by creators? So its their decision when they die.

SMF is a crapfest to write such functionality for. It will take at least half a day, and I have other things to do.

Not instantly or soon, but some day…

No matter which day I pick, it still is the same amount of work. I think it’s not worth it. Just ask your thread to be unlocked, and I will do it. Not everything has to be automated.