different screen resolutions and Android 1.5

I am trying to make my new game compatible from android 1.5 on, and also make it compatible with different screen resolutions, like the droid screen.
However, I can’t find a way to make it both “the same time” .
The conclusion I found was :
If I compile it for 1.5 compatibility, it will not detected different screen resolutions (at least that is what happened in the emulator).
If I compile it for 1.6 it will resize accordingly to the screen resolution, but then I’ll obviously not be able to run it on 1.5 .

Are my conclusions correct ? If not, how can I make it detect and run with different screen resolutions and still run on 1.5 ?
I wish to make it run 1.5 cause there are still a lot of devices with it (mine included) and I dont want to “lose” that players.

thanks .

You can set the min SDK to 1.5 and the target SDK to 1.6 (Android Manifest). That did the trick for me!

Yep. Though you do need to ensure that various screen resolutions are supported by your resources. There is one nasty bug where if you have a default “drawable” and a “drawable-hdpi” catalog, it will actually use the hdpi graphics. Just make sure you have -mdpi and -hdpi and it should work fine.

I’ll be a happy camper when 1.5 gets phased out. :-/

yep, that did the trick !
Thanks !