Hi, I have just released Desert Stormfront, a real-time strategy game inspired by the turn-based “Classic Empire” wargame by Walter Bright. Units and structures are modeled after the original following a rock-paper-scissors system. Unit movement is in real-time similar to the classic “Command & Conquer” albeit simplified aiming at a game that is easy to learn but difficult to master.
Desert Stormfront takes place in present-time Middle East. The player assumes command of the Western coalition and fights real-time battles for control of cities and oil fields in Iran, Iraq, Saudia Arabia and Afghanistan. Maps are based on real-world locations in the Middle East. The story is fictional (as of this writing). The game supports cross-platform multiplayer matches over LAN and internet including co-op multiplayer.
- Real-Time Strategy (RTS) in the Middle East
- Single Player and Multiplayer (over the LAN and Internet)
- 30 Campaign Missions incl. Scoring/Rating
- Random Map Generator + Skirmish Maps
- Modes: Attack, Defense, Capture the Flag & Convoy Missions
UPDATE: ported to iOS via libgdx - in iTunes since Nov. 21, 2012!