Contest Rules Clarification

We will keep a running list of contest rules clarifications here.

-ChrisM

Q. Are teams allowed?
A. Yes, teams are allowed. However, one memeber of the team will have to register as the point of contact for the team and if your team wins, it’s up to you how you share your prize.

Q. Is this for J2ME or J2SE games?
A. This is open to all games built using Java technology. It is not specifically a J2ME or J2SE competition due to logistics. There was some discussion around making this a J2SE only competiton due to the large amount of J2ME competitions that are done, but decided to leave it open to everyone.

Q. Open to US Residents only?
A. No. This competition is open to any country that is not on a US trade embargo list. You must be 18 or older to enter and acceptance of prizes and ability to enter this competition is dependant on your local laws.

Q. Do you give up rights to your game to Sun Microsystems?
A. No. You do not give up your rights to your game to Sun Microsystems. The reason we are not allowing source code to be submitted is to protect the author’s work. Sun Microsystems has the right to use any submission for advertising and promotion, but does not own the game nor the right to distribute or own it.

Q. What are the specs for the testing systems?
A. Athlon 2500XP, 512MB RAM, ATI Radeon 9600 graphics cards, nVidia GeForce FX5XXX series cards, nForce 2 audio and SB compatable audio.