Community voting results

All participants, receive my congratulations for all these great games.

Although I prefered Dord over Rainbow Road, I admit that the first place is well deserved for zeerone, who is such an amazing game programmer. zeerone, please make us a commercial game next year and let this contest be fairer ! :point:

Thank you all for another great time at the 4k-pool!

Allthough I have different taste than most of the community, I still enjoyed the games!
Weird that I scored better than my personal favorite :slight_smile:

Again, best of regards to all the programmers for entering!

This year was very great. I was very surprised by the variety of games this year, and I enjoyed playing all of them. My personal top 3 this year was Dord, tiny_world, and Flywrench.

Congratulations to zeroone who has consistently, year after year, been pushing the boundaries of Java4K to make some really awesome games!

[quote=“teletubo,post:19,topic:41296”]
You forgot to take into account the Nintendo [dr]emake bonus.

My top 3 were Dord, Parasite Escape, Flywrench4k. I’m surprised to see Parasite Escape so far down. Half of my top 12 are in the community top 12.

I also had hard time in picking Dord or Rainbow Road (along with Flywrench, Fuego, M4nkala, Meltdown). Dord came to 1st spot for a moment but after played Rainbow Road I was confused.

[spoiler]I picked Rainbow Road over Dord. Reason is simple, I think I may be able to make something like Dord with some brain circuit fried but not RR. Not.[/spoiler]

Many good games, My top 3, Dord, Flywrench4k and Wizzy 4K.
It was often difficult to choose between a good gameplay and a technical achievement.
So I’ve tried to reward both, even if the goal’s contest is to make a game and not a technical demo.

Great, I think the community voting went quite well. At least, I got some nice and useful feedback, and the ratings seem pretty sensible. 56 people taking the time to assign these 50 points is not bad at all. The number is plenty high enough to get a good estimate of what the “community” thinks about the games.

Thanks Appel, the judges and the voters! Having Java4K each year is an excellent opportunity for me to try my hands at some things I’ve never tried before, it’s a great way to challenge people to start working on a new idea or concept.

I really like the games created by zeroone, and what is really great is that he always publish its source code so we can try to learn from it. Although the code is optimized for 4k games but he definitely has a style.