Community Project Mark 562 - Progress/Update

Looks like all three projects are off to a flying start - so, lets call the vote over. I’m really amazed how much effort has already been put in, so nice one everyone, very motivating.

The specification writers seem to be have ended up heading up the game projects, which is great, however do shout if thats not what you wanted :slight_smile: Someone else will no doubt volunteer if needed! :slight_smile:

Teams seem to be forming naturally around the projects, which is also cool. If possible can we try and keep the ideas/code/progress visibility high (keep the wiki up to date, post plenty here) so that we can share whatever possible across the 3 teams (this is of course the worry with running more than one game project, that we’ll have duplicate effort).

It’d be great if someone from each team (ideally whoever is keeping the spec up to date) could post here with a bit of a progress update. This would help in a few ways:

a) Make other teams aware of what/how you’re progress, which also might reflect on where they’re going.
b) Hopefully encourage some more of the community to get involved
c) Identify any common factors that we might be able to resolve once for everyone.

We could then stick the udpates on the wiki at regular intervals and keep a nice log of how it’s worked out. I’d be interested in knowing what stage the projects are at (in particular what decisions wrt technology, aims and themes have been made) and I hope the rest of the forum would too :slight_smile:

Kev

Or not. Fair enough.

Kev

Awww that’s cold.

We have 14 registered members :slight_smile:

an update from your site admin.

I created 3 folders in SVN for people to start putting files in when they are ready. They are: rts, sandbox and spacetrader.

I think the projects might be suffering for lack of a leader ( I am not a leader sorry :frowning: ) I have seen that in volunteer projects, unless someone makes decisive leadership the project just stays spinning its wheels with no clear direction.

In actual fact, people are more willing to put work in for in a known goal even if they do not entirely agree.

In no way does this mean that the contributors should not generate ideas and suggest them to the leaders, they should still do so that the leaders have access to more varied view points as to make decisions.