Coffee Shop Puzzle

The application may take a while to launch (5–15 seconds) as the graphics are rendered.

http://meatfighter.com/j4k2009/coffeeshoppuzzle/

The coffee shop puzzle is a variation of a classic computer science problem. Don’t mention which one here to keep it interesting. ;D Some people can think through the problem and solve it in seconds. Others will remain baffled for hours. Ideally, work out a strategy in your mind and carefully execute it. Don’t rely on paper and certainly don’t code up a program to solve for you. Post a screen shot if you’re the first to solve it. Good luck! :slight_smile:

Very cool!!
Took too long ;D
Gonna try again.

Awesome graphics! =D
I don’t know what strategy I’m supposed to use, but I solved it the second time I tried it. The first time, I got the smallest cup to the center tile instead. :wink:

Fun

Yeah very nice graphics.
Perfect at try number 3.

But one Point to mention: How to Restart :wink:

Yeah very nice graphics indeed, and a nice variation of the original ‘computer science problem’. I actually wrote a java applet version last year (so could complete quite easily) but this looks loads nicer.
If I remember correctly the minimum number of moves is 2noOfCups-1, in this case 31. If you have any free space you may consider allowing the option to choose the no. of cups (3 to 7, 7 achievable in 127 moves for the extremely bored amongst us!).