Clash of the Olympians

http://i.imgur.com/vxomF.jpg

We are really happy to announce we finally released the official Android port of the game Clash of the Olympians originally created by Ironhide Game Studio.
Made with the awesome libgdx lib of course.

Description

Become a demigod and keep the horde of heathens away from your temple!

Take on the role of one of the mighty Greek heroes and defend your temple against hordes of mythological creatures using a vast array of powerful weapons and godly powers!

Clash of the Olympians highlights:

• Action packed defend the temple game that will test your wits and precision!
  • 3 Heroes to choose from: Play as the mighty Heracles, the quick Perseus or the legendary Achilles!
  • Face mythological creatures with different abilities! Minotaurs, Gorgons, Harpies and more!
  • Train your hero! Upgrade his weapons and grant him special powers! Each hero has his own arsenal so choose wisely!
  • Arcade style rewards! Show off your skill by performing head shots, multi-kills, quick kills and more!

So what are you waiting for! The hordes of Hades are approaching and only you can stop them!
Bring’em ON!

qeBHDLWWh-c

http://developer.android.com/images/brand/en_generic_rgb_wo_45.png

QR code:

http://chart.apis.google.com/chart?cht=qr&chs=230x230&chld=L&choe=UTF-8&chl=https%3A%2F%2Fplay.google.com%2Fstore%2Fapps%2Fdetails%3Fid%3Dcom.ironhide.games.clashoftheolympians

Homepage: link

Hope you enjoy it :slight_smile:

So happy that you finally were able to release it. Hope it makes a bit of money and gets you a bigger following.

Woohoo! Great work, congrats on the release! Now, iO$! :smiley:

Wow… impressive :slight_smile:

Played Heracles and Perseus now. Perseus was harder to play, but this is probably just because I played him first, and my skills got better at heracles :slight_smile: Played until stage 12 or 13 with each I think… And yeah, very polished game!

I really like the balance between stage, xp and enemy strength.
It was hard to get used to the controls at first, but I think that’s okey.

The only ‘real’ problem I had, was that it was running slow at some moments… Not too bad, but noticeable, and it somehow affected gameplay too.

EDIT: Nexus S Android 4.1.2

Playing with Achilles and now stuck at boss fight. Hitting one point? easy. Two? can made it. Three? &#!*^$&^!($&% ;D The levels are enjoyable, except the 7th…

Thanks guys for the nice feedback :slight_smile:

That looks awesome! I’m going to have to check it out when i get home :slight_smile:

-Pickle

Yeah this is good. I’m even playing 6 times with diff heroes and special attack. My fav is spear+thunder :slight_smile:

really cool graphics

I would like to make a question about this kind of games. How do you design the difficulty progress over the levels? I mean are you certain that if a player playing the 10th level and shoots perfect it is 100% certain that will win no matter what upgrades has chosen over the levels?

The game balance is done by one of the ironhidegames guys, as far as I know, the balance is done by playing a million times each level, some spreadsheets with magic formulas, intuition, playing a million times again :-), getting feedback from people, getting analytics, etc.

right now from what we can see with the analytics, in general the game is balanced, the progression funnel (how many people reach each level) is quite smooth, there is no huge drop in any level, but the heroes and powers are not balanced, the distribution of powers in level 5 for example, has nothing to do with the distribution of powers used by the people that finish the game. right now either fire is overpowered, or the others are underpowered, and bounce is the least successful one. We have to fix that :slight_smile:

Again thanks for the feedback.

@ruben01:
Not really. IMO Power is really depends on someone skill. For example, less skilled players (in term of shooting) will like Hercules with weapon upgrade, or Achiles with multi-arrows, more because easier to hit. More skilled players (like me) love something like Perseus or Achiles poison more, which deal great damages as for us making 100 hits is easy :slight_smile:

I have finished 4 slots (Achiles multi-arrows, Achiles poison, Hercules go-through, Perseus fire) with loses less than 5 times for each of them. The secret is by not upgrading critical point, so I spend it (in priority order) on powers, weapon upgrade, stamina, and might. So I think you need to make the critical upgrade more worth. If you bothered to upgrade it and always spend all of your money each level, you’ll have hard time on lvl 7 or 13.

I like the paused game state on resume, nice feature… did you do this to eliminate the chances of a false onResume call?

The idea of the global pause (or, how we call it: super pause) is to pause all the game, music, etc, no matter which gamestate/screen you were, so if you receive a phone call, block the phone or press home button, when you come back, the game is not auto resumed and hence the music is not auto resumed either. This is to avoid problems, the typical example is the guy which is playing a game, has to block the phone for some reason and later, he is on an important job meeting, has to see something on the phone and when he unlocks it the music of the game he was playing starts out loud.

I don’t know if I explained myself clear.

I really like the animations of this game, can you tell us the tools that you use to create the animation?

All the animations were done by Ironhide Game Studio using Adobe Flash + Photoshop. We just take their exported PNG files and load them to the game :slight_smile: