Cat On A Wire

As a pent-up ball of feline energy you’ve got to take out the birds to survive - you’re on the edge, you’re a… Cat On A Wire

http://www.triangularpixels.com/CatOnAWire/Images/TitleScreen.png

Play now (webstart)
[b]Window download)
Mac download

Better info and a windows exe version when I wake up tomorrow… ZZzzzZZzzzz…

Awesome graphics and idea. Found it a bit hard to play - jumping felt a bit awkward but maybe thats my work machine. Will definitely try again from home tonight.

Nice work!

Kev

Good Job Tang!

These graphics are awesome! What a transformation :o

The game is fun too, I just wish the world was bigger - I ran around in the same place chasing birds for too long.

That is really good! Nice graphics and it’s playable and fun to boot… even got good difficulty levels and online highscores.
It doesn’t even feel rushed at all.
Impressed!

Screenshot looks great but I got a problem;

com.sun.deploy.net.FailedDownloadException: Unable to load resource: http://www.triangularpixels.com/CatOnAWire/Webstart/CompiledData.jar

Odd, I’ve only ever seen webstart do that on really slow connections. Does it work if you try again?

Alternatively, I’ve put together a windows .exe version. Download here.

Lots of fun, very impressive for 48h!

I earned 2850 points. 8)

Wow . I really like the graphics, it does feel very dreamy. And the game is also fun to play .
But … did I miss something or u didn’t include Duke ?
anyway, thumbs up !

It wasn’t a requirement, just a recommendation, and whoever used Duke the best gets a special award.

Whee! Thanks for the comments everyone. :slight_smile:

We ran out of time unfortunately, there was going to be clothes hanging from one of the lines with a t-shirt with Duke on it. However that would have needed a chunk of code to make them properly sway and flap.

Pretty fun, and even multiple levels! Though after playing that for a few minutes, those sound effects becomes extremely annoying, haha. Great art though for such a short time :smiley:

I liked the way the ropes bent as you walked along them. Lovely artwork too :slight_smile:

[quote]Orangy Tang
Re: Cat On A Wire
« Reply #10 on: Today at 12:18:09 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote
Whee! Thanks for the comments everyone. Smiley

Quote from: teletubo on Today at 11:02:03 am
Wow . I really like the graphics, it does feel very dreamy. And the game is also fun to play .
But … did I miss something or u didn’t include Duke ?
anyway, thumbs up !
We ran out of time unfortunately, there was going to be clothes hanging from one of the lines with a t-shirt with Duke on it. However that would have needed a chunk of code to make them properly sway and flap.[quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Actually tang I named the cat after Duke without telling you, so in actual fact the entire game involves duke, I just didnt say anything before because I didnt expect anybody to get upset over it. Damn

The graphics are awesome. It’s easy to understand. The sounds are nice and I like the idea with the ropes.
All in all: GREAT game

Pretty impressive graphics/game…
Webstart didnt work for me either (same exception as SimonH), but neither have any of the others so most likely my problem. Download worked great!

thumbed down

+
start fine
graphics +/-
originl idea

-
graphics +/-
webstart
very agressive sound
dont find it very fun

So I had a non-techy friend who somehow had Webstart misconfigured on their mac ( ??? ) so I knocked up a native Mac version. Download link. It’s the same code just wrapped up via the handy-dandy Ant Jar Bundler task.

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
	at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.executeApplication(Launcher.java:1321)
	at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.executeMainClass(Launcher.java:1267)
	at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.doLaunchApp(Launcher.java:1066)
	at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:116)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no lwjgl in java.library.path
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1709)
	at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:823)
	at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1030)
	at org.lwjgl.Sys$1.run(Sys.java:72)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at org.lwjgl.Sys.doLoadLibrary(Sys.java:65)
	at org.lwjgl.Sys.loadLibrary(Sys.java:81)
	at org.lwjgl.Sys.<clinit>(Sys.java:98)
	at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.<clinit>(Display.java:129)
	at net.orangytang.AppBase.<init>(AppBase.java:49)
	at catonawire.CatOnAWireGame.<init>(CatOnAWireGame.java:30)
	at catonawire.CatOnAWireGame.main(CatOnAWireGame.java:24)
	... 9 more

Please include the Solaris binaries (64-bit) for LWJGL.

Wow, people still use Solaris? :o Shouldn’t be too hard to add the libs though, I’ll have a look at it.