C&C 4K

Command & Click 4k

http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/8032/cnc0xa.png

the objective in the missions are to find the enemy base and units and destroy them.

to select units you must drag and create a box round them (just like you do on the windows desktop to select multiple files :))

color of the box round the units shows its health status (green being good, red being low)

right click mouse to clear an selection of units

if your base is destroyed mission will be failed.

http://javaunlimited.net/games/launch.php?type=jnlp&id=64

that is awesome! :smiley:

Great, there goes another one of my cool ideas. Thanks a lump Kapta. :wink:

Good job, BTW. ;D

Looks good from the screeny, but hung up on start-up on my Mac :frowning:

Cleared out my cache and retried. It started this time round. Must have got corrupted the first time :slight_smile:

…And now it’s not working again. Weird. Still, I know it can work :slight_smile:

I said this couldn’t be done, amazing work kappa! It even plays well!

For my money, this is the most technically impressive to fit into 4k :slight_smile:

Kev

really impressive ;D great!

The box dragging doesn’t work quite as I expected? (you have to click to start selection, and then click again to stop selection??)

Other than that, pretty cool!
Though the game itself isn’t very challenging :slight_smile: (I guess there is no level 5? :D)

I spawned 5 tanks on top of one another until I figured out ‘hey, they’re stacking up’. Nice job!

Nice one. Although not very strong on the graphic/gameplay, it really destroys the competition on technology, and definetly one of the top games, along with Miners, so far.

ok above problem now fixed, plus turret made a little stronger and some behavior with them fixed.

Mission 5 fails to start, always get “Mission Failed” for a millisecond, and then “Click to start”.

sorry about that, there is no mission 5, atm there only 4 levels.

Updated major bug fix of AI in the game should be a little more challenging now.

Haven’t played the updated version yet.

At least the version I played it was ridiciously easy, just pumped out tanks, and went straight for the buildings, didn’t lose a single tank. And then I just cleaned up the map of any soldiers.

Few points to balance it a bit:

• Too much funds at beginning, easy to build large force and destroy the enemy.
  • Too many enemy soldiers not doing enough damage.
  • You should get like $100 every 60 seconds or something, so you can build more.

To hard to implements I think, and changes the gameplay to the better.

Mission one won’t complete, even after I killed all enemy units/buildings.
Some unit “off-map” that I can’t reach?

As I rush toward the enemy base on mission 1, and hit the building straight away, the little soldier guys will rush my base and some of them will go off map, beyond point 0,0 (most likely (-50,-50).

Here’s a screenie, as you can see my tanks are trying to shoot some of the enemy soldier guys that have gone off map.

http://www.private.is/arni/cnc.GIF

thx for the input i’ll try fix the bugs ASAP, unfortunetly i’m away for the next 2-3 days but i’ll try fix them when i get back, also the ideas for improving the gameplay are very good, i’ll try add them too.

thx again.

ok new update uploaded, hopefully all the bugs are fixed now and that the gameplay is better.
http://www.myjavaserver.com/~kappa/4k/c&c4k.jnlp

Level 2 can’t be beaten. They send in new infantry to attack faster than I can replace my forces. I think the gameplay is way out of whack right now.

I had 2 infantry blast away at another infantry unit, and the enemy had 1 infantry vs my tank. Later he was reinforced with another infantry unit to attack my tank. Those two killed my tank faster than my 2 infantry could kill his two infantry. That makes no sense to me whatsoever. How can a tank get beaten by 2 infantry, and even more importantly, how can 1 infantry unit plus a delayed reinforcement by another destroy a tank faster than 2 infantry units can destroy another infantry unit?

My only option after that total slaughter was to put down a turret and hope it would help. 3 enemy infantry units took my turret down in seconds. The turret didn’t kill anyone :stuck_out_tongue: After that I had no money and 1 half-dead infantry unit and they had gotten 5 infantry units to me.

Another weirdness, it took forever for me to click on the Turret button to buy a turret. I clicked on it, moved my mouse over to place it, but aparantly it didn’t have the turret selected? So I went and clicked it again, same result. I clicked it 3 times, still couldn’t do a turret. Then I got mad and just wailed on the buy turret button and finally it let me do it. I had more than enough money to buy a turret this whole time.

Also I keep seeing occurances of infantry units not facing where they’re shooting. Like… they don’t even turn to face what they’re shooting.

I think it’s balanced enough.

One thing that annoys me though, and that is when you tell your unit(s) to attack something, they shoot it once, and then they automatically start shooting something else. Like I told like 6 tanks to attack the main building, they shot it once, and then they just start shooting the soldier guys coming out of the stupid building.

ok i’ve fixed the turret button issue, was working but the limit was still set on $4k rather than $3k, infantary now face the direction they shoot in (hopefully). as for the targeting issue still have to resolve that, i’ll try get it resolved quickly.

as for the gameplay it is quiet a tricky business to strike the right balance, not making it too hard while at the same time not too easy, i’ve made the attacks less frequent now but hopefully should be a little more blanced, well just have to see how it holds up. i guess its just a case of trial and error until you get a good balance.

http://www.myjavaserver.com/~kappa/4k/c&c4k.jnlp