BrickBroken - Break brick game by SLDT

http://www.stonelins.fr/games/thumb_brickbroken.png

Hi all,
It’s Yuri6037 foundator of SLDT (StoneLine Developpement Team).
I come here to show you a new game that I wanted to make a long time ago. But due to insuffisant knowns about Java and LWJGL, the real developpement of the game has started now !

BrickBroken, is a break - the - brick game with stranges :

• The developper allows you to create some features to the game ! WTF ?! Yes it is with the AddonManager I have created. You only need to know Lua for that.
  • HD textures ! (from 64 by 64 to 1024 by 1024) !
  • HD Fonts !
  • Play Multiplayer ! What ? Oh yeah, one day, someone has told me : “your game is a f**k because you can’t make Multiplayer”, I think it’s not because the multiplayer is… Working !!!
    Like you can see BrickBroken is a very very funny game ! Have a lot of fun while playing…

The problem section now.
There is a problematic subject for some people : The system requirements ;
You need to have a 1600 by 900 px or higher screen resolution to play the game. You also need to have a working OpenGL graphic card.
This game works on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Mac OSX, Linux.

There already have launcher. You can download it from the BrickBroken website.

Do you want more screens ? More photos of the game ?
Here we go, with my AWS account i have a bukket for you !!!

The launcher after the game download :
–Removed–

The game main menu :
–Removed–

The settings window allow you to change your display settings :
–Removed–

The settings window allow you to change your display settings :
–Removed–

The game main menu :
–Removed–

The ingame (no inventory stuff) :
–Removed–

The ingame to show the particle system (no inventory stuff) :
–Removed–

The game main menu :
–Removed–

The ingame (with inventory stuff) :
–Removed–

The sticky ball :
–Removed–

The iron ball :
–Removed–

Multiple balls handle :
–Removed–

Multiple balls handle :
–Removed–

Multiple balls handle (with particles from a destroyed brick) :
–Removed–

Video to show you the gameplay :
–Removed–

Video on how to use launcher :
–Removed–

I want to download it now !
–This game has been disbanned–

I want to add items to my inventory !
Here, download the inv editor software (coded by me) : --This game has been disbanned–
Now how to use this software :

• Open it,
  • Each text fields correspond to inventory slots,
  • Slot with nothing in show as “null”,
  • Slot with things show as “:”
    itemID is the item type you want (Diamond = 0, Iron = 1, Gold = 2, Longer Stick = 3, Multi BaBall = 4, StickyBaBall = 5, Iron BaBall = 6, UNKNOWN = 7)
    stack count is the amount of items you want in you slot (example : i want 3 longer sticks, i will put in the textfield “3:3”)
    Example : My inventory :
    4:4
    6:15
    1:16
    0:16
    5:13
    Significates :
    4 Multi balls
    15 Irons balls
    16 Irons
    16 Diamonds
    13 Sticky balls
    Note : Don’t put more than 16 items in a slot : you will crash the ItemStack class, and the game too !
    Note 2 : There is a last slot ingame, but this last slot don’t handle correctly items… That will be corrected in a future version.

How to play at the game ?
Just click the Play Demo button on the launcher !

About accounts :
Accounts are currently not registerable because of unstable login servers… However you can play in Singleplayer by using Demo !

Link to website : --This game has been disbanned–

Send you feedback here, please !

Hope to see someone,
Yuri6037

Cool, but that background is very distracting and not very proffesional.

That’s normal !
I have created these levels, the first levels of the game.

And, are you interested in the Alpha - testing ?
I would like to have some first players.

I have to say that Alpha - testers will get ability to mount a BrickBroken server !
Because the server app will be public only at final game version ! So hurry up if you want to set up a server !

Yuri6037

So nobody want’s to test this game ? Nobody is interesting in testing/mounting server ?

Why never, never people is interesting in my games ? Always developped for 1 year and never, never someone !

If this continue like that, I will haven’t other choices than stopping all BrickBroken !
First launch will be equal to end game…

One year of programming, many times taken on that… All of that for simply nothing…

Well, no offense but this game has been made a thousand times. Why would someone want to play another clone of it? If you want to get noticed you have to make original games.

I think that you took a big jump thinking that people would want to register to play your game on those forums. Another problem I see is that it is multiplayer breakout, which may be good but without a single player backing, it makes it very weary to jump right in.

If I were you, I’d make a single player demo of the game to show off the features and generate the interest needed to get multiplayer. The only way to get away with straight to multiplayer is by designing an mmo. Then people would feel more comfortable with registering. The way it is now, the concept is way too simple to warrant that much effort.

First impressions are everything in gaming sadly, so I do recommend that eventually you upgrade those graphics and get a good theme. Good art is very hard to come by… I know. However, just devoting a little bit of time into it can do a whole lot of good to raise popularity in your project.

I know that it seems harsh, but as a developer it is best to know the truth. I hope to see your project progress because it’ll be a waste to see anyone’s hard work go down the drain. Good luck and don’t give up.

It’s Multiplayer and singleplayer !
Not only Multiplayer…

It’s impossible to make a demo : the game itself will consider himself like a non legal game ! In plus no login will break all the multiplayer system.

For the internet way, impossible too because provider is not allowing the use of java web applet.

Why you don’t like graphics ? It’s HD !

However, I can hack my own game to force Session.java as using fake user/pass but you will be unable to connect to any online-mod server, and the launcher will be not usable.

For the concept :
I had found that there are no break brick games like this one ! Never have the ability to create addons, no ability to play multiplayer up to 5 or higher and graphics were not HD.
I know that it’s a simple concept, but the gameplay is completely different of other ones ! In plus multiplayer servers will be referenced in a list on the website !

In the future the multiplayer will be romm style (like s4League) !

Can you please test my game, I just wan’t to know if it’s working in other computers…

I come back !

New update here !
The kill library update and the major one !

Now you have Demo version possible ! For the moment test time is unlimited, so ENJOY !

Quick download for game : --This game has been disbanned-- !

HD textures != good textures all the time.

Sorry, but your textures right now really don’t fit together. Your background is quite distracting.

Ok.
I will try to call my old designer ! But because he has many many school work, it’s possible to not have textures quickly…

Yuri6037,

PS : Have you tried the game ? Download link is in my previous post !

EDIT:That will be very long !

For the beginnig, try to remove this dog.
Maybe replace it with just a colored area, but not a photo please.

I got an idea !

I can finish the .lvlpack file format. This will bring ability to add some BrickBroken Script files to levels and allow setting background. With that script function (background=<color(ColorRenderer field) or texture(String path to texture)>), you will have possibility to set background like a color or an image with a specified path.

The problem is that this file extention require the BrickBroken Data File to be working, and it’s not correctly working (SecuritySystem don’t decode the file) !

No worries, I know why the SecuritySystem is doing completely wrong : the encoding key sepration character is not correctly added to the file (the € char)…

Yuri6037

Did not want to say that I do not want to have that background when playing.
It was just an advice that using a photo, especially such an unrelated one, is not very professional.

Look Yuri, everyone on here wants to see your game be succesfull, and your really not listening to what they have to say. :-\

Theya are trying to be nice and not harsh, so not to discourage you. So Ill be the a**hole that tells you the truth, because I too want to see you be succesfull.

1. You have to change some things. If you dont change the image in the background no one will play the game.

2. As others have said, HD Textures DO NOT EQUAL Good Textures!

3. Find a way to make a demo! It is not impossible. It might be hard, but its not impossible.

4. Media! Post videos and more photos! Show off the parts of your game that make it different.

5. Next time you make a game, you have to be sure that others wont think its a clone or copy. It dosnt matter if you think its a clone or copy, because you want others to be playing it.

Hope I helped. You need some tough-love friend.

^This

Look Yuri,

Maybe an example would help you see what people are looking for. I designed the GUI and look of this menu system a while back to help draw people in.

This particular demo did not have HD graphics, nor does it have the amount of features that you are boasting in your demo. However, it captures the essence of what you are looking for. A theme, a slick interface, and a slight look of professionalism.

If you want people to take you seriously, you have to make your project look as professional as you can. If you don’t look the part, people will not think you are serious and won’t play. You NEED people to play your game, so showing professionalism is a step in the right direction of getting people to play.

So thanks for help !

The demo has been included in the Alpha 1.3.0.
See my website for more info. About the backgrounds, my game is coded to refuse non legal textures ! So it’s about 100 lines of code to change !

In plus I have a great problem :
Java 32 bits platform does not handle bytes manipulation as same as the 64 bits version of JVM. So the .lvlpack format who can change all the in game look for each levels in the level pack file, will not be finished until the SecuritySystem will work.

If someone has an idea, please tell.

For screens or video it’s hard because my computer hates FRAPS, it close with CPU temparature exceed limit error. I think screens will be ok, but no videos (I would like but can’t).
Maybe at Christmas it will be possible to make videos (commended new config for my old desktop pc :

• GTX 650 TI DirectCU 2Go
  • Intel Core i7 3.7 Ghz
  • larger monitor).

Yuri6037

@Demo problem :
When you play demo the launcher is hacking my own login servers. The client only tells an error when forcing multiplayer because in multi Session.java can not be null, so I have make a parameter to remove the multiplayer button in demo.

I’m sorry but if you can’t change your own background without changing 100 lines of code then you need to rethink your game design.

You wouldn’t need something that powerful for FRAPS, but if you’re thinking of making more games I would go for the upgrades.

@opiop65 :
Yeah in effect i need to rethink my game ! But the .lvlpack will do that for me ! If i had created this format it’s just for remove the nessessary of modify 100 lines of codes !

@rv3392 :
Like i said my computer becomes extremely laggy when recording with Fraps, xSplit, OBS (+Blue screen) ! If you wan’t some videos, please wait to christmas !

EDIT : Solving the .bbd bug will be more long and complicated that i had think… In effect i don’t know why it happens on 32 bits JVM and not on 64 bits JVM…

Why do you need DRM for a free breakout game again?