Brainstorming Appreciation

Riven’s evil post made me think more about the people who lack appreciation/recognition for there contributions to this fantastic community. And so I would like to call out the following individuals:

ChrisM - Started it all, the one thing I regret about my JavaOne visit a few years back was not having the courage to introduce myself. I loved your response and you should totally re-post it here.

princec - Your tireless struggle to make a career out of this has been inspiring to us all.

MarkusPersson - Where did you go?

KevGlass - When you get as rich as Markus I’m pretty sure you’ll still visit.

Appel - Turned Java4K into the phenomenon that it is.

Riven - You gloriously evil bastard.

Anyone I’ve missed?

Didn’t kappa make the resource page? http://www.java-gaming.org/index.php?action=resources

I totally forgot Kappa, his contributions to LWJGL alone merit a shout out, Matzon also in that vein definitely deserves a mention. I’m sure there are a ton of less vocal members of the community who deserver much more recognition than they get.

Hey thanks alot :stuck_out_tongue: Appel/jojoh are doing an awesome job (and the new site is better than mine was!), but to toot my own horn here, I ran the 2005, 2006, and 2007 seasons! which - except for 2009 - were the most popular in contest history

I knew the second I started singling people out I’d offend via omission. The list was just off the top of my head and I know there are many more, I was hoping others would point some out.

Nah, no offense here :slight_smile: I don’t expect to go down in JGO history while I lurk 90% of the time :wink:

I believe princec is the one that began LWJGL and Matzon/Kappa continued developing it.

Rather a lot of contribution from Elias and Spasi made that happen too. I just kicked it off and wandered off to start using it. Honestly, I’m way overrated - I just talk too much.

Cas :slight_smile:

I think [you] deserves a mention.

(Sorry, just wanted to see if that trick works outside of the other thread. :wink: )

Why, thank you! ::slight_smile:

(Sorry, just wanted to let you know that you’re an ass.)

;D

This is eventually going to end up like Being John Malkovich ::slight_smile:

Cas :slight_smile:

When I get that lifetime achievement trophy on stage, maybe in Las Vegas because I like slot machines, from the JGO community, I’ll cut it in half and give woogley it. The other half I’ll give to [you].

Ok, getting old :slight_smile:

Malkovich: Malkovich?
Malkovich: Malkovich!

Can someone please disable the you-thing? I’m feeling humiliated as it is!

[you] is a bit thin-skinned :stuck_out_tongue:

[you] is not!

Thin-skinned? What does that even mean? Low natural damage reduction %? I’m gonna wear my full kewlar (SPELLED CORRECTLY (YES IT IS)) vest all the time from now on, to compensate for my thin skin.

Please someone link me to the original joke I am the brunt of. :slight_smile:

Also I am thin-skinned from sitting at a desk all day. Or at least pale.

Lollerskates. I think I get it now, having read Riven’s thread. How do I use this magic script?

[you] should use [ you ]

remove the spaces
[ y o u ]
or
remove the periods [.y.o.u.]

[you]