Bianc4Kastafiore

Hello everyone,
I had a lot of fun with 2013 competition, so I wish I can make something this year :wink:

I want to build a game with sound input ;D namely : Bianc4Kastafiore

But I wonder if I can assume that player has a microphone ?
(It is my first issue since i must pack sound api call and FFT in 4K + graphics)
So, let me know if you have any idea/suggestion/information about this potential problem.

PS: I think we should create a special ā€œcode berserkā€ trophy for ā€œapoā€, Iā€™m impressed!

Unfortunately, unsigned applets donā€™t have permission to record audio. This is by design, as it would allow for eavesdropping on the user. Described on the bottom of this page.

Thanks for the comment, itā€™s so sad :frowning:
In eclipse applet viewer there is no problem with my sound capture test :D. I test it in Firefox and BOOM! Exception! I use self signed applet and it works perfectly. But my jar jump from 1K to 3.8Ko With big flashy warning.

I may have to find an other idea ā€¦

The 4k limit is for the unsigned jar, not the signed one.

From the Java4k.com Rules:

[quote]If there is a need for the game to be signed and the signed game package exceeds 4096 bytes, then an unsigned game package, that is below or equal to 4096 bytes, must be provided.
[/quote]
So I think it could still work. Sure sounds interesting :D.

There was a submission about 3 years ago which took microphone input. Two of the four judges were unable to play it.

So, I have just the time to make a draft : itā€™s more a toy than a game, but on a big screen, with some friends and some beer it could be fun :wink: I need to rework the display and use my ā€œtoyā€ as an application rather than an applet.
(you can sing yell or whistle, frequency needed to pop the bubble is given, and capture frequency is displayed on bottom left corner).

edit : itā€™s ok for 4k without signing !

http://forthx.free.fr/tmp/4k2014

Iā€™m sorry if it does not work, i had no other idea than another flappy bird (with metal slug ā€œmachingunā€) but iā€™m not sure this is a good idea :smiley: