Battledroid

Now has a Steam store page!

And a Youtube trailer (which is really a placeholder for a real trailer but that’s what we’ve got for now)

5FvqoZesTJA

For those that don’t know what Battledroid is (which would not be surprising because we started making it 9 years ago), it’s a massively multiplayer asynchronous online game, where you send armies of robots against other players defences, and attempt to build your own defences against attacks from others. It’s going to be free to play. And yes, it’s written in Java, using LWJGL3, and we’ve developed our own custom engine for it.

Cas :slight_smile:

Great!

Added it to my wishlist to support you :slight_smile: Keep it up!
If you need someone to translate your shopsite into german, let me know :slight_smile:

Btw:

I always like bullet points in the shoppages which sum up the key features of the game.’
Something like:

• Choose from one of 7 playable races and customize your character
  • Save the universe in an epic story campaign featuring colorful characters, bosses, dungeons, and quests!
  • You’re the captain of your very own starship! Decorate it, expand it, and use it to explore a procedurally generated universe
  • Colonize uncharted planets and collect gifts from your tenants - if they like you, they may even ask to join your ship crew!
  • Three game modes - Casual (no need to eat), Survival (eat to survive/drop items on death) and Hardcore (permadeath)
  • Craft thousands of objects - building materials, armor, weapons, furniture and more
  • Capture unique monsters to fight alongside you
  • All content is available in online drop-in/drop-out co-op
  • Built from the ground up to be easily moddable. You have the tools to make the universe however you’d like it

(taken from startbound)

I’m sure we’ll add some bullet lists when we have lists of things to enumerate :slight_smile:
Though interestingly you might be in the minority… marketing wisdom says that most people couldn’t care less about lists of features.

Oh really? Didn’t expect that tbh :smiley: - I guess I’m weird.

[quote]marketing wisdom says that most people couldn’t care less about lists of features.
[/quote]
Yeah, for me it’s:

video/pictures <-> Expose in the upper right -> Reviews -> System requirements.

@princec The game looks good, i love the playful unit design and the juicy effects. Your trailer doesn’t transport that it is an MMO game though. After watching it i thought this would be a classic C&C style RTS game, but reading the description and seeing the other screenshots revealed the whole picture. This was only after having a second look though, i would have completely missed that part otherwise.

So, is this basically like those MMO base leveling games (Clash of Clans, Die Stämme, etc.) but with better fights and in 3d?

Er… possibly :stuck_out_tongue: I’ve never played CoC etc so I’ve not got much to compare it to. The only vaguely similar game I’ve played is Gratuitous Space Battles, but that didn’t have the MMO/territory aspect, nor any real strategy to designing attacks or defences.

It will all become clearer as we get more stuff done.