ATTENTION GAME DEVELOPING GRADUATE IOS PROGRAMMERS!

Puppy Games is looking for a new MINION to join our tiny boutique studio. Briefly the perks comprise of:

1. Working from home.
  2. Working your own hours.
  3. Writing games for iOS.
  4. Working for an award winning, renowned studio.
  5. Generous holidays.
  6. Being surrounded by beautiful women.

Only one of those statements is possibly untrue.

The conditions, disadvantanges and small print of your employment are thus:

1. Miserly pay. We don’t have lots of cash but we’ve got enough to pay you a frugal living.
  2. You’ve got to be a UK taxpayer. Where you actually are we don’t care.
  3. Your first job will be to port all our games to iOS, which is not as exciting as it sounds.
  4. Only later will you get to do interesting stuff.

To this end we seek solicitations from UNIVERSITY GRADUATES with a PORTFOLIO OF GAMES PROGRAMMING EXPERIENCE on iOS who is able to attend an interview in Taunton within the next 3 months. You might not necessarily be a graduate, but then you’ll have a really great portfolio consisting of at least one FINISHED GAME. It would be extraordinarily beneficial if you are proficient in Java, OpenGL, and maybe C++ or C as well.

Please email your CV, either a URL, .doc, or .pdf, to cprince@puppygames.net with the subject “MINION”. Please include hyperlinks to any stuff we can check out online such as demos or video, and also include a covering letter saying what your salary expections might be so we can have a good chortle.

I’m afraid we CAN’T AFFORD AGENCY FEES so if you’re a pimp, I’m afraid you won’t get lucky this time around.

If after all the UNUSUAL JOB ADVERT HONESTY you still aren’t put off then this might be the job for you!

Cas :slight_smile:

Director, Puppy Games

Is the

I bet #5 is untrue! #1-4+#6 are all completely valid. :wink:

Really? is true “Being surrounded by beautiful women”? :smiley:
ouw, working for iPhone…

The beautiful women will never let you go on holiday

@lhkbob
Hahahaha yep :stuck_out_tongue:

porting those game may requiere gameplay review / deep modification no ? I mean some of them will no be adapted to some IOS device capabilities : screensize / touchscreen

Of course. Screensize as it happens is already perfect :wink: But they will need brand new touch interfaces.

Only if I had the iphone experience I would love to join. I’ll be learning iphone stuff at my current job in a months time, so maybe next time.

Just wondering what average hours per day would you want?

35-ish, like anywhere else. But mostly just the sort of commitment to awesomeness that Chaz and I aim for. So sometimes a bit more, sometimes a bit less. We’d like someone who wants to do a job well just for the sake of doing it well. We work a bit like Valve.

This reminds me that I really should try to learn Objective-C. No matter how obscure anything I can make, I could still make probably enough to enjoy my summer :slight_smile:

(Bugger Obj-C, I want a C++ programmer!)

How do I port C++ to an iPhone app?

35 hours a day! Slavedriver!

I’d totally change the country requirement. Choose somewhere you’d like to go on vacation…write-off time, baby! :wink:

Hm looks like we don’t quite have the news reach we were hoping for… seems C++ programming graduates are a bit thin on the ground in the UK these days. I thought that it was just a lot of old bullshit when they said that there was a shortage of people taking CS at Uni but it might actually be true :o

Some more serious suggestions. LinkedIn? Or maybe do it as an internship?

Don’t want a snivelly shoe-gazing intern with beer/sex/drugs on his mind - I want someone who wants to kickstart their career working for us full-time, properly.

I guess this rules me out then :wink:

I would seriously consider it, but:

1. Miserly pay. We don't have lots of cash but we've got enough to pay you a frugal living.
2. You've got to be a UK taxpayer. Where you actually are we don't care.

You don’t need to code C++ to make it fast, I would even recommend against it as Objective-C is closer to Java. You can make it behave more or less like a garbage collected environment. I typically just code critical path stuff in C, like vectors and math-y stuff. And it works great.

Agree the only 2 problems of java is GC(memory usage ,and some times use part of Cpu)
And Buffers (memory usage) in all else shi like C.
p.c I like ASM =)