Attac4k of the Greenballs

Hi everyone!

I’m new here, and I’ve made my first attempt to create a 4k game. The game has been up for a while, but I didn’t know about this forum until now ;D.

It started out as a Rodland 4k, but ended up like something slightly different. It may not be the most fancy game in the world, but I think it’s okey.

You can play it here:
http://www.java4k.com/index.php?action=games&method=view&gid=380

Please tell me what you think! Is it working fine on your computers?

Well done and challenging game. I insisted to beat all 19 levels, but it was possible. The difficulty is really progressive, which is nice. The other best quality of your game is its design, including the way each new level starts or restarts and the balls’ animation.

I just hope your game will not be too much underrated as it features fancy balls instead of terrifying monsters battling some hardened future soldier. It would be too bad considering all its qualities. At least, your pitch is crazy and made me laugh, as the one for Kobold Tournament 4K.

I experimented no bug at all with both Internet Explorer and Chrome, under Windows 7.

Oh, and as it was your first message here, welcome.

Nice. I played to level 7 or 8 or something before I got stuck dying a bit too much. Like the graphics. As I remember it Rodland was even cuter (also had that annoying music that I can’t remember now, but I’m sure I would recognize it instantly if I heard it) but this was very cute for 4k. :slight_smile:

About the progressive difficulty, I felt like the levels came in pairs of almost identical difficulty (level 1+2, 3+4, 5+6…)? Maybe the game would work as well with fewer levels and make the difficulty ramp up more every level? But I didn’t even see half of the game yet, so maybe it changes later.

The main java4k.com page should contain exactly 3 things:

• A sentence or 2 that describes the contest.
  • A statement that says the contest is currently open and it ends on some date.
  • A link to this forum.

Everything else should be moved to other sub-pages.

Thanks a lot for all the feedback!

pelle: Yes, Rodland was cuter and had some catchy music.It also rember it as very easy. And no, there aren’t really any changes later in the game - just more balls. :slight_smile: I started out by adding one new ball for every level, but then the higher levels became extremely hard to complete.

Zeroone: Yes, I finally found the forum link on the about-page. I’ve been playing the Java 4k-games for years, so I didn’t really focus on the about-page (since I already knew what Java 4k was all about). But I totally missed this forum. :slight_smile:

The main page really needs to be simplified. In addition to the 3 aforementioned things, I would also add:

• A link to Riven’s Compile’n Shrink tool
  • A link to the submit-an-entry page