Astrofirm

Hey Guys,
I know it has been a while,but I can now give you guys an update on Astrofirm. :slight_smile:

So in case you didn’t know:
I have come up with a whole new concept for the game I was making and thus decided to remake it in libgdx.

You can find the full post at—> astrofirm.tumblr.com
Plot:
from tumblr:
Basically you work for a mining company and are tasked with the job of mining Meta, a super strong metal found on different parts of the universe, and the Elophius crystal on a different planet. You will have to employ workers to help build and manage your sector of the company while also battling rival companies, native tribes and animal life of the planet

So far I have:
-mining (very rough right now)
-building (^ even more so)
-movement (okay for now)

I know that I had planned a release but, I want to wait till after i get the gui done (next on my list) because the various key binding are way too complicated.

So until then, here’s a screen shot of Astrofirm

Just a basic building on top of a mountain

planned for first demo release:
-Basic GUI

If you have any ideas/input please either leave a post here or comment on tumblr. Thanks

I like it, it looks like its going to be a lot of fun.
Is it that fast paced by design or for dev-work?

@BrassApparatus
for dev work, i intend to slow it down alot when im through :slight_smile: thanks for the reply

Wish you very best luck. Will keep an eye on this.

By the way, voxel = 3d pixel. I understand what you mean, but “2d voxel” sounds little bit :persecutioncomplex:

If you wanted you could add a “dev mode” with a (secret?) keyboard shortcut.

That would keep players happy and devs developing quickly.

Updated:
faster performance, mining and More!!

I don’t think its intentional but idk. The screen only renders the world to a certain point for me. pic. I like the new additions although the game froze for me. I think it was when I tried to mine stone. :slight_smile:

This looks very interesting.

Yea, pic only goes so far, but pigs go all way!

Looks such good fun. Runs at 245 fps :slight_smile:

sorry I meant to fix that :emo: its because i used a certain size for randering but i didnt make the screen size ill fix that

Ok it should be fixed now

Does this happen every time you try to mine stone?

So i’ve been working on this game for the past week and its looking fantastic. i’ve already added:
Main Menu Screen (see screenshot)
building (the cheaty way not the actual way)
new Cursor for the mouse
Sprites for all of thee blocks
and a few more block types (see screenshot below)
[EDIT}
and a day and night cycle ;D

Unfortunately my Eclipse just decided to stop exporting projects into jars so no download :’( but i decided to get something out.

here is the main menu:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/xd6cixxcu7bbf72/MainMenuShot.PNG?token_hash=AAFKdecUY4h5R1Xpn0QMn5OVs3uOkTReHAq-GQGb0luybA&dl=1

I know the “Quit Game” Image is a bit off and im going to fix it soon

[Edit]
I brought the new screenshot down:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/n6qnjctncnozuvg/InGameShot.PNG?token_hash=AAGspttwfIfiO0Ih0gDKKWzsiOYO7nfH6dH4qGYYn-L8Zw&dl=1

Looks like fun.
Did you lock the fps at 20 or is the performance just REALLY bad?
With an per-pixel 2d voxel terrain, i easly get 800-1200 fps.

for I took those screenshots on my ten year old laptop. I my other gaming computer, i easily get at least 60 fps depending on the world size but since I want the world size to eventually be as big as the united states east to west coat (which is really big) on the lowest world size setting so i have a lot of optimizing to do

thanks for the reply ;D

Hey guys, just a little update to say that I’m still working on the game. The only reason updates have not been coming is because my eclipse just won’t export my project no matter what i do :clue: but until i get it fixed ill try to make weekly updates like this one.

So since the last update i added:

1. GUI (super inefficient)
  2. Building (with the mouse)
  3. particles/explosions :wink:
  4. Weather(meteor showers and rain)
  5. Meteors
  6. Saving/loading games
  7. day night cycle

i still have so much to add though :slight_smile:

heres a screenshot of an explosion

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/j5w7n90w1orii4l/Explosion.PNG?token_hash=AAFmeR_ZWvnu7djaX9LpMFcevfjAjJOzoWMjYPFR3W7rGQ&dl=1

heres an example of building

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/9lgpc8qbyvf077p/HiJgo.PNG?token_hash=AAFJx_G8PLZaFgs9yUiInIby1L87L2VVUS4cG-DNNXufiQ&dl=1

ps: Don’t worry about the fps in the screens because they were taken on a ten year old laptop and i must say that this laptop can’t run most games at above ten fps. My other more advanced computer can run this at about 70-100 fps

Okay, So here is an Update on Stickman Revolution:

So, a few things have happened that have stopped me from updating this project:

1. I was getting behind on my summer assignments and i didn’t really have time to program except for the occasional half-hour

2. I got a little unmotivated so i used those 30 mins to learn LibGDX

so… Yeah that’s pretty much why. I will, however, be updating it more once school starts mostly on the weekends. I’m going to port the game over to LibGdx for the next couple of weeks so expect an update in mid to late August.

I still have so much planned for this game! Sorry for making you guys wait so long.

I am still going to add:

1. Building via minions
  2. enemy ai’s
  3. more random events
  4. Bigger world
  5. Multiplayer
  6. etc… (like 20 more)

Just stay tuned ;D

-KingRokaa123

The idea looks cool! I’m gonna follow this :smiley:

@gongalf

Thanks, You can follow my tumblr blog to recieve smaller updates. The large ones i will post here.

Tumblr: stickrev.tumblr.com

Such fantastic progress since I last looked at this! :slight_smile: Looks so cool

Hey JGO:

If you remember, I was developing a game called Stickman Revolution for a while but I stopped releasing updates because I wanted to port it over to libgdx. Well that port has gone through some changes and I think this would be a good time to update you guys on what has been happening so please read my latest blog post found here

I would love to have a demo out as soon as building and mining has been completed. Until then all major updates will be posted here but if you want to see the random updates follow my tumblr in the link above. If you have any questions, please ask.

Screenshot (those littles dudes are an early version of the workers, tools will be futurified):

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/a5rna2u86jin4jr/newshot.PNG?token_hash=AAFC-fPepq7hQ_9WOqb7_4kSMYtWbanCxnNV0fCybnksbA&dl=1