Articles & Tutorials Section

There are a lot of really good tutorials in the articles and tutorials section and I always want to appreciate the poster, however there is no option to which I find annoying. Why not add an appreciate button in there; after all, the poster seems to have spent a lot of time writing the tutorial. Another thing that I think will be helpful is maybe a sub-forum in that section for external links to users tutorials where the thread can’t be replied to. Some users have a link to external tutorials in their signature which I want to rep them for.

tl;dr(although not that long):

• Allow appreciate in tutorials & articles section
  • Sub-forum for external links where thread can’t be replied to

I agree to this, not being able to appreciate someone who post(s) a tutorial is kind-of rediculous.

I do agree with this. I would love to be able to appreciate some people’s tutorials.

I do agree with this. I would love to be able to appreciate some people’s tutorials.

I think this would probably take a bit more work than it seems since the tutorials get posted as “Wiki Duke”. There’s probably an underlying reason why it doesn’t post as the actual author which in turn means that issue would have to be worked around before the suggested change could be made.

I’ve not worked with SMF forums in a long time but I’m pretty sure that it’d be as easy as removing some sort of SMF wiki plugin from the board i.e pressing a couple of buttons and deselecting a checkbox. For the sub-forum section it’d be as easy as clicking a few buttons and selecting the option as a sub-forum of Articles & Tutorials.

Wouldn’t doing that make the title of the section, “Java Gaming Wiki”, somewhat less than accurate. :wink:

The wiki section is something different.

Creating a “Forum” for the “Tutorials” would be better, then, instead of having Articles listed like a Forum.

That’s only for JGO Wiki forum.