Ardor3D 0.4 released

Ardor3D’s Development team is proud to announce the 0.4 release of their 3d engine API. This new release features many new API enhancements as well as improvements to process to make it easier to develop with the technology.

Check it out today at http://www.ardor3d.com.

Lots of new features, enhancements and bug fixes included (see full story for mroe details.) A few highlights include:

• Build System: Hudson build system in place. Also deploys latest artifacts (binaries, source and javadoc) to maven.
  • Maven Support: Maven repository and pom files added for Ardor3D. Sample Ardor3D maven archetype now available in svn.
  • UI Text: New enhanced text support - supports unicode, ortho and in scene text, and variable width fonts generated via AngelCode’s Bitmap Font Generator.
  • PSSM: New, more useful shadow map pass implemented - Parallel-Split Shadow Maps.
  • Collision and Picking: CollisionTree and Triangle collision/pick classes have been rewritten as “primitive” based classes that can handle any type of triangles, quads, points and lines. (some specific primitive interactions are not yet implemented in this release.)
  • Collada Importing: Collada 1.4.1 importing support via JiBX added. Handles static mesh types of polygons, triangles or quads. (Line and point support to be added later.)
  • Stereo Vision: Stereo vision support added. See StereoCamera and StereoExample for anaglyph, splitscreen and hardware based methods.

Just a quick question, why do you require signing Contributors License Agreement to contribute when ZLIB is already such permissive license?

The CLA is about proving provenance, not anything to do with the source license. Having these in place helps keep us attractive to and compatible with projects (eclipse for example) or companies that worry about such things.

Hi!

Do you plan to write a tutorial that would explain how to switch from JMonkeyEngine to Ardor3D? Do you plan to use JOGL 2.0? Is the JOGL renderer reliable currently? Best regards.

We do plan to write something on that though our priority has been getting our base featureset in place.

As for JOGL 2.0, there is actually a Jogl2 renderer we are excited about that was done for Ardor3D by Ken Russell. We hope to move that into the public as soon as he feels it is ready.

This is an excellent piece of news ;D I will buy a new mobile phone under Android, HTC Dream. Maybe I will find some time to give Ardor3D a try on this kind of device.

Congrats on the release Renanse.

I’m watching this project closely and have high hopes for it. Best of luck.

Now I have my HTC Dream.

Congratulations for your work.