Another Newbie Game Project

Hi guys sorry to bother everyone but i need a little help. I’ve been delaying this for a while as Java is not one of my strong points but i have to make a small Java game (J2ME for my University project. It would be nice to have it working on my HTC Hero but thats not a neccessity =D

I was thinking of either creating something like:

• Zelda Style RPG
  • Pacman Style Arcade Game

The games don’t need to be anything special just a couple of sprites and some sort of scoring system.

I’m very new to Java and Game development in general and the learning materials i’ve been provided with by my tutor aren’t very good for me as i prefer to actually get stuck in and play around with code rather than read copious amounts and not actually implement anything till the last minute.

I essentially just want to know what you would suggest me to take on as a project as i only have a short timespan (3 weeks) in which to complete the game. And any other resources that you personally use or would suggest for someone like me.

On a side note i’ve been thinking of grabbing some open source code and testing it out so any links to anything like that would be good. In the meantime i’ll troll the forum and google for anything else that can help me out.

Thanks, I know i’m asking for a lot but would really appreciate it.

RSYR

I may be wrong… but the droid uses J2EE(but it may also do J2ME)

Thats no big deal. As long as i can show my tutor it running in Netbeans IDE he’ll be fine about it. I just thought it would be a nice thing to show friends once i had created it. Cheers for the input though. :slight_smile:

RSYR