Alpha Shot 4K

ok its 1st december 2005 here (UK), heres my entry (my first 4k game)

controls are directions keys to move around and space to shoot.
escape to quit game.

you are triangle ship, kill cube boss, while avoiding the bullet barrage!

http://javaunlimited.net/games/launch.php?type=jnlp&id=63

yeh yeh, first entry in new section ;D

Kappa, I’ve told on #lwjgl, this game is flipping brilliant! :slight_smile:

Ideas for more:

You could consider multiple enemies on later levels. Or bigger/smaller enemies. Or powerups (extra life, shield, spread gun).

I love it!

Kev

Yeah, it is pretty repititious. Maybe vary the rate the enemy fires at you, less in the beginning then more as the levels advance. Nice job!

Wow. I don’t know what I’m doing really, just shooting everything.

It looks great. I’ll have another play later :slight_smile:

already does that :slight_smile:

I really like the particle systems! Very cool!!

Was it inspired by the truly awesome game Warning Forever?

yes it is inspired by that and must agree that is one awsome game.

Great flashy colors, I like it! :smiley:

Anyway - this is actually great, and it’s great fun the first few levels. It gets a bit repetitive though. Multiple, instead of stronger, enemies would be better. Great work!

ok, added to the TODO list, thx.

Fun and flashy - “Revenge of the Block”

wow! I’m a sucker for shooter games - this game is top notch. Great job with the graphics, it’s like nothing stays still :smiley:

only suggestion is a little variation in the gameplay itself

Hmm. Something rather disturbing happened to me while playing this… the enemy went down to the bottom of the map, and just stayed there, so I couldn’t get below it and shoot. It took minutes before it went away, literally. I suggest you limit its movement so that the ship can always fit beneath the enemy, that’d improve the game :slight_smile:

ok will add the fix for that later today

just added some updates, multiple bosses, powerups and fixed the boss bottom screen bug!

Yes, its better this way. I liked to see multiple bosses. But, in level 2 both of them were still at the bottom of screen and i was unable to reach below and shoot. Still a little bug?

Great updates - nice work on the new graphics too. Was running a bit less smoothly this time, but it wasn’t a real problem. Too bad you had to remove the health bars :slight_smile:

That rocks even more!

Level 8 man!

I found a cheat - just play it for hours and you’ll get really good… you’ll be seeing spots infront of your eyes all the time but that doesn’t really matter.

Kev

@Kev - Level 8 :o I’m not worthy. I couldn’t pass level 3, there just didn’t appear to be any space between the orange bullets. :slight_smile:

damn and i was thinking that it was too easy