Alien Vehicle

I created a 3D game ;D

It is shooting game made with LibGDX. Idea of it, its like an arcade games where you moving left and right and shooting targets upwards, but here is a different perspective so you shooting in front of you.

3D appears alittle overwhelming for me :o so I just hope, there is no bugs that I haven’t found.

More Information:

It is a shooting game, where you move right and left, and shoot targets that appears in front of you.

Controls:

A - move left

D - move right

Q - turn cannon left

E - turn cannon right

M - shoot

…and you can click LMB on central area of the screen to shoot.

There’s three levels in this game, but it’s maybe hard to clear them.

You getting extra score for accuracy and for destroying target on distance.

To enable fullscreen press F button in main menu.

PS 3D effects may slow down the game.

Background story: You remove autonomous security systems, that left with no human control.

Textures:

www.virtual-lands-3d.com

I used hdr images converted to png from this web-site:

Music:

MAKOOTO (マクート)

MFP【Marron Fields Production】

かずち (カズチ)

This game made with LibGDX.

Models made with Blender.

Desktop: Get zip

Get apk: Get apk

Amazon: Amazon link

Itch: Page on itch.io

Haven’t tried it yet, but looks pretty legit. Nice job :slight_smile:

God damned assets are at it again.

Exception in thread "LWJGL Application" com.badlogic.gdx.utils.GdxRuntimeException: com.badlogic.gdx.utils.GdxRuntimeException: Couldn't load dependencies of asset: green_cube_effect.pfx
        at com.badlogic.gdx.assets.AssetManager.handleTaskError(AssetManager.java:636)
        at com.badlogic.gdx.assets.AssetManager.update(AssetManager.java:411)
        at com.badlogic.gdx.assets.AssetManager.finishLoading(AssetManager.java:437)
        at com.alienvehicle.game.LoadingScreen.create(LoadingScreen.java:46)
        at com.alienvehicle.game.BaseScreen.<init>(BaseScreen.java:54)
        at com.alienvehicle.game.LoadingScreen.<init>(LoadingScreen.java:20)
        at com.alienvehicle.game.AlienVehicleGame.create(AlienVehicleGame.java:105)
        at com.badlogic.gdx.backends.lwjgl.LwjglApplication.mainLoop(LwjglApplication.java:151)
        at com.badlogic.gdx.backends.lwjgl.LwjglApplication$1.run(LwjglApplication.java:128)
Caused by: com.badlogic.gdx.utils.GdxRuntimeException: Couldn't load dependencies of asset: green_cube_effect.pfx
        at com.badlogic.gdx.assets.AssetLoadingTask.handleAsyncLoader(AssetLoadingTask.java:121)
        at com.badlogic.gdx.assets.AssetLoadingTask.update(AssetLoadingTask.java:90)
        at com.badlogic.gdx.assets.AssetManager.updateTask(AssetManager.java:561)
        at com.badlogic.gdx.assets.AssetManager.update(AssetManager.java:409)
        ... 7 more
Caused by: com.badlogic.gdx.utils.GdxRuntimeException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: name
        at com.badlogic.gdx.utils.async.AsyncResult.get(AsyncResult.java:46)
        at com.badlogic.gdx.assets.AssetLoadingTask.handleAsyncLoader(AssetLoadingTask.java:119)
        ... 10 more
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: name
        at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.URLClassPath$Loader.findResource(URLClassPath.java:600)
        at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.URLClassPath.findResource(URLClassPath.java:291)
        at java.base/java.net.URLClassLoader$2.run(URLClassLoader.java:620)
        at java.base/java.net.URLClassLoader$2.run(URLClassLoader.java:618)
        at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:389)
        at java.base/java.net.URLClassLoader.findResource(URLClassLoader.java:617)
        at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.getResource(ClassLoader.java:1400)
        at java.base/java.lang.Class.getResource(Class.java:2746)
        at com.badlogic.gdx.files.FileHandle.exists(FileHandle.java:557)
        at com.badlogic.gdx.graphics.g3d.particles.ParticleEffectLoader.getDependencies(ParticleEffectLoader.java:75)
        at com.badlogic.gdx.graphics.g3d.particles.ParticleEffectLoader.getDependencies(ParticleEffectLoader.java:46)
        at com.badlogic.gdx.assets.AssetLoadingTask.call(AssetLoadingTask.java:64)
        at com.badlogic.gdx.assets.AssetLoadingTask.call(AssetLoadingTask.java:34)
        at com.badlogic.gdx.utils.async.AsyncExecutor$2.call(AsyncExecutor.java:64)
        at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264)
        at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128)
        at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628)
        at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:835)

Hi, @FabulousFellini, thank you very much :D, I think, I should’ve add more screenshots, so here it is, and here is gameplay video https://youtu.be/Uv805ergrbs. Bandicam making it stutter sometimes, so I weren’t up post it, but here it is as well. Game working much more smoother, really, I’m not lying ;D

Hello, @VaTTeRGeR, Ultra Giant Thank You for telling me, very formal bowing I reuploaded broken files. Just tried it on couple PCs, it works, so it should be fixed now. All this week it was like carosello happening around, and I desided to finish this project, to have even more vertigo. :smiley:

Just in case if gdrive not working, here’s Dropbox links:

Desktop: zip

Android: apk

Zip contains .jar and .exe, generally there’s no difference which one to launch.

It ran nicely and started up fast, now comes he bad part :smiley:

The controls are kinda shit, your left hand has to handle movement and aiming concurrently while the right hand is completely underutilized with just shooting.

I would suggest moving the turret controls to the left and right arrow-keys and binding shooting to the spacebar. Also maybe (if it doesn’t kill the balance) make it shoot continuously so you don’t have to kill your keyboard.

mm… that controls seems fine to me, but I understand, this is alittle wierd “guitar playing” contols scheme, mb there should be option to switch it, and I tried to make a spacebar firing button, but on my keyboard it clicking very loud :smiley:

[quote=VaTTeRGeR ]Also maybe (if it doesn’t kill the balance) make it shoot continuously so you don’t have to kill your keyboard
[/quote]
Well maybe not continuously, but in a little packs(bursts), like in Metal Slug? :clue:

[quote]that controls seems fine to me, but I understand, this is alittle wierd “guitar playing” contols scheme
[/quote]
Having to switch fingers when changing between turning and strafing made this a very awkward experience for me :stuck_out_tongue:
Do you play with 4 fingers on QEAD or are you just used to switching quickly between these keys?

[quote]Well maybe not continuously, but in a little packs(bursts), like in Metal Slug? :clue:
[/quote]
On second thought, one could argue that it adds to the difficulty, which isn’t that bad. I think you might as well keep the current shooting behavior.

Worked first go, nice job. Graphics are nice.
I agree with Vatterger about the controls. The player’s right hand should be able to control more. I can’t see the harm in adding controls for the right hand too.
Would be interesting to make this game so you could move around the setting, like the old Spectre game:

[quote=VaTTeRGeR]Do you play with 4 fingers on QEAD or are you just used to switching quickly between these keys?
[/quote]
ahah, I play with 2-3 fingers, and switch quickly, I timing the moment when to dodge and turn the canon. :smiley:

I added a new controls to old ones:

Left Arrow to turn canon left;

Right Arrow to turn canon right;

Space to fire;

Also added < to turn canon left and > to turn canon right, like that you can press fire with index finger.

And forgot to say, ECS and P for pause (pause menu).

Here it is:

GDrive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/113-7W4WYYiPB0tWf_wYBQsrfFjlviAz6/view?usp=sharing

Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4bhstujwi2g1u6t/AlienVehicleDesktop_u1.zip?dl=0

@CommanderKeith

This is very cool idea, maybe I’ll try to make something like that :smiley: