ADC 2 Judging

Well the judging application is available and you can now get trying some of the ADC entries.

I’ve already had the pleasure of reviewing SingSong :slight_smile:

Kev

Sweeeet! :smiley: You are the only one who has submitted a high score so far. Hope it is working well for everyone!

I judged a bunch of apps. Most were utility apps. 2 were games but were totally unplayable. The controls and games just didn’t make sense. More judging to do!

Gone through a bunch now, some amazing games in there - makes me thing I’m still doing something wrong on the GL rendering front :wink:

However, so far the applications have been incredibly uninspired, falling into:

• WiFi Locator
  • Task List
  • App to access already existing Web based service (normally that already has a mobile variant)
  • Extremely lame location based service reliant on community support, which is doesn’t have.

Give it uP!

Kev

One other person has submitted a high score for SingSong. Slow going!

Some of the apps are really bad, one wanted you to type something but didn’t respect landscape orientation, so the submit button was not even on the screen. Another one just crashed right off the bat. I wish I would come across one of the cool games! All I get are strange utility apps.

How can you check the ratings??? I submitted an app too but I don’t think there is a way to see how reviewed the app so far? ???

I don’t think we’ll know the ratings until Google tells us. My game has a high score table though, so I can see when people save a high score. I suppose I could have coded something to log everyone who runs the game, to see how much exposure it is getting, but that seems excessive.

I’ve had about 60 odd people try out my game (according to my server logs). 3 people stuck with it for around 30mins to make it all the way to the 4th car. 8)

Nate: As the users can’t keep the apps (the ADC app deletes them when the rating is entered), I went ahead and submitted my paid version (breaking the circle of trust for a second time ;)).

I’ve been skipping a lot of apps. I actually got one app that told me how to find the closest toilet, then a few apps later, a different app to find the closest toilet… ::slight_smile:

Still haven’t gotten Sing Song yet. Looking forward to belting out a few tunes! :smiley:

Edit: Just got Sing Song. Rocked out to a bit of Green Day. Awesome! Just one little thing missing, a PowerManager.WakeLock. I kept having to touch the screen to stop it sleeping.

:smiley: I know! I found this the day after the contest submissions closed. Very annoying! You got a nice high score, good job! :slight_smile:

Haven’t seen Head To Head Racing yet. Looking forward to it!

Only 4 high scores have been submitted, 2 from the same person. Assuming SingSong also got 60 tries, that isn’t very good! It either means people are quitting before getting to the end of the song or just not submitting their score when they get to the end. :confused:

I guess I’ll be submitting my game to the Market then. Weee! :slight_smile: Edit: App published!

I’ve been skipping a lot of apps - I’ve actually managed to cycle through a number of games mentioned here and in the android-discuss newsgroup, and ones that have been released in the last month. I did see Head to Head Racing, Cow Potato 3D, Speed Forge 3D, and even my own game.

I’ve recently started looking at the app stats in Android Market after installing via the ADC2 app. Most applications I’ve downloaded today are in the 50-100 range - even some of the ones I thought would be somewhat esoteric (a random Wifi Locator app).

Results are up: http://code.google.com/android/adc/adc2_top200.html

I see Sing Song, FRG, oh, and Head To Head Racing :wink: all made it. Congratulations to all! :slight_smile:

My N. American Conquest made it as well!

Good luck in the final round unless you are in my category ;D

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! :smiley: Congrats guys!

I heard the top 200 were supposed to get an email from Google. Did you guys? I didn’t get anything yet.

I found one in my gmail account.

Crap. Does it say anything I should know?

Just bragging rights - you are in the official list after all :slight_smile:

Congratulations to all who entered and those who made it so far. Good luck to the finalists.

All the winners e-mails went into the Spam folder. Never a good idea to start an e-mail with “Congratulations!”. ::slight_smile:

Heh. I haven’t been able to find any email in my spam folders either. Oh well, as long as the check arrives ok! :wink:

Good luck everyone!

Just in case people care, I noticed Market stopped crashing if you select “Install Manually” from the ADC judging app. This means we can see comments on our ADC apps again although I wouldn’t put too much weight into them personally.

All ADC apps I looked at in Market while downloading were in the 500-1000 downloads range.