4KdPaths - be aMAZEd ;)

Hi. My ongoing little 4K project is here. Enjoy.

http://zenithgames.webs.com/javafourk.htm

So I guess it’s as boring as I feared, hehe.

Anyway, if those that do try it could tell me if they run into bugs, I’d appreciate it.

I also have bytes left. I’m not sure where they’d be best placed. In Visual presentation or in more kind of “powers”.

Or should I randomly place extra powers around the maze?

It would be nice to get at least some score just for completing a level. I completed 6 levels and had a total score of 0.

If you have the bytes, a message at the end of the level saying to wait while it generates the next one would be good. I was banging my keyboard to try to find out how to continue.

From a gameplay point of view, I would like to get more steps each level. I started level 7 with insufficient steps to reach the exit even if I went in a straight line blowing up all obstructions. That’s wasting my time, and this isn’t a MMORPG.

Sort of confusing at start. I’d have the visible area something like in left4kdead.

Hi. Thanks for trying. Much appreciated. :slight_smile:

1. “The Fog of War” - I definitely plan to improve this. It’s really rudimentary at the moment, and like you mentioned, it gets a bit confusing.
  2. The time between levels was actually meant to take a second. But when I think about it, this will vary from machine to machine (it’s not time based) at the moment.
    Chances are I’ll just change it to “Hit space to continue”. If I can’t free enough bytes, I’ll reduce the waiting time at least!
  3. More steps each level. I might litter some “bonus steps” around the maze, and increase the number of steps you get for completing a level a little bit.
    However, I’ll stress that the speed of which you solve a maze is one of the key factors here. There’s not necessarily a link between which level you reach, and your score.
    The clue is to use the helpful powers wisely, I guess.

Anything else? What scores are you getting? :slight_smile:

I started using the lightbulbs - didn’t the previous time I played it - and they last so long that I was able to have one on all the time, even though half of their time was used up between levels. When you do that it’s way too easy. I got bored after 16 levels, with a total score of 195.685. Highest score for a level: 32.383. Lowest score: 0, twice.

Ouch, ok, so the timing is definitely different from computer to computer. Waiting 24 seconds, … I can understand your frustration!! On the version that’s public right now, I’m waiting 3-4 seconds (which was intentional), and the lightbulbs don’t last nearly as long as they do for you. (Obviously).

I’ll get to fixing this up today.

Nice score, - I doubt it will be easily beat once the timers are fixed, hehe.

Why is the Xore always 0 when Game Over?