2008 competition?

Will there be another 4k competition? ::slight_smile:

I wonder because of how the last one went, with all the judging fiasco.

4 months till year 2008 is kicked off :slight_smile: better starting planning… december the best month to work on this for most, holiday at work and no school. Perhaps deadline should be moved from april (?) to january ?

Actually 5 months till '08, but yeah. I’d love to see another 4K competition next year, as I never got a chance to participate in the last years competition. But I loved playing every one else’s game. Maybe next year I can actually have enough time to finish one and submit it.

Well, even if there is not an “official” competition I am planning to make another 4k game in 2008… these 4k games are really the only games i have time to actually finish and they are soo fun to make.

eh, after running it for… uh… 3 years, I’ve basically accepted the judging will always be a fiasco, as it is basically impossible to please everyone.

so that’s not really something that would stand in the way of another competition

Let’s have a vote on how to vote :wink:

I propose peer review. Contestants vote for each others’.

Cas :slight_smile:

I think we should have judges, that are peers, like in previous years. Every game should be rated. We should also allow these judges submit their own games to the competition, but they wouldn’t be able to cast vote on their own games. I know I would like to be a judge, but I also want to participate…and I think many are in the same position. I don’t think we need to worry about dishonesty.

The most important thing to me is that every judge should have to look at every game. With the public voting, how many people looked at every single game? Not too many I don’t think.

Peer review is perfectly fine for me as long as every game is rated. You could make it a requirement that if you submit at least one game, you must give every other game a rating(Except your own of course). Don’t know how hard that would be to control though.

You have controlled peer reviewing, once entries are complete each person must then judge a set number of games. They will not all have the same games, but it allows for a score of all games all peer reviewed; and on top of this you can have normal judging!!!