0.8 Released

From the Main Page

jME Version 0.8 is available for download. Additions include:

• Cloth Simulation
  • Addition of GameStates for easier control of the game.
  • Improvement of Input to allow for detection of every action called in a frame.
  • Triangle accurate collision detection and overall improvement of the collision system.
  • Mac OS X support.
  • Headless Rendering.
  • GLSL support.

You can see demos at:

http://www.mojomonkeycoding.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=10&Itemid=33

This should support Mac OS X JNLP as well. So, mac lovers, give it a shot.

PS: we use .94 lwjgl now.

PPS: Mac users may find that clicking on a demo saves the jnlp to their desktop. I found in safari that it does so without making it a jnlp file. In any case, once the jnlp file (with a .jnlp) is on the desktop, you should be able to doubleclick it to run. Any comments as to why this behavior exists are appreciated.

Any schedule for the JOGL support? I think of letting FlyingGuns render to jME, but that won’t work well w/o AWT…

Badmi is working on the JoGL version :slight_smile:

Chman

[quote]PPS: Mac users may find that clicking on a demo saves the jnlp to their desktop. I found in safari that it does so without making it a jnlp file. In any case, once the jnlp file (with a .jnlp) is on the desktop, you should be able to doubleclick it to run. Any comments as to why this behavior exists are appreciated.
[/quote]
Safari works by saving files to disk, then telling the OS handler (i.e. the NeXT ‘open’ command) to open the file. This approach has several advantages, but has the one disadvantage that file extensions are important.

In any case, this can cause issues on certain versions of IE as well. My suggestion is to change your servlet or PHP page to have a JNLP extension. If you do it right, the servlet should still run fine, but the browser will see that ever-important JNLP extension.

Sorry, but :LMFAO:

WTF??

Rendering without a monitor.

Kev

Bit of an odd feature in a games oriented scenegraph…?

Cas :slight_smile:

[quote]Bit of an odd feature in a games oriented scenegraph…?
[/quote]
It’s allows us to use your lovely API with Swing.

Ewww, nasty. All you need to get it to work with Swing is a JOGL “stub” build that creates GL contexts.

[quote]Ewww, nasty. All you need to get it to work with Swing is a JOGL “stub” build that creates GL contexts.
[/quote]
Our feeling is if you need JOGL to get LWJGL to work, then just use JOGL.

You don’t need all of JOGL - just a tiny dll to create a context in an AWT component. No need for the GL class or any of that part.

Might produce just such a stub myself for LWJGL utils.

That would be helpful… :stuck_out_tongue: