Tactics Pompster Online - 1.4 - WIP

Hi!

I have given it a try, it was really fine even though I’m not fan of turn-based games. There was only one annoying thing, sometimes when I wanted to select an action, the camera was not centered on the concerned character.

Hiya,

I’m a giant turn based fan. This seems like an amazing start. Here are a few suggestions.

–Agree hard to tell who moving and why. Need some icons.
–When all movement is done, no reason to wait for computer.
–Would love to see the health bars of the enemies.
–(this is just a suggestion but I’d skip all the network stuff and just focus on the game)
–Add some story / objectives kind of Bang!
–Pick a style, fantasy, modern, etc. Kind of odd having hippies and ogres.
–increase the size of you damage
–perhaps have a combat log to show what works better or worse, attacks from behind.

Very cool stuff.

Well I was just going to tell to move this to WIP, but then I decided to upload a new version with some new stuff :

-new scenarios
-a pane showing the next characters to act
-some client/server bugs fixed
-a few options added to game (show energy bars, highlight teams, next to act and transparency)
-used Bon Bon Chan’s sky generator to add cool clouds in the background

a screenshot of the new version :

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/3559/tpo14.png

@Darrin and gouessej:
thanks for the feedback, they are always welcome .

Now Darrin, thanks for your detailed feedback. here are some answers :

that was actually a bug, now fixed :wink:

Now you can see who will be next 6 characters to act (an estimative)
A character acts when its “action bar” is filled. The greater the attribute “sp” (Speed), the quicker it fills, and the less you act, the less “action” tou spend. That is , if you only move and dont attack, this characters turn will come faster. (that’s why it’s an estimative, I cannot predict what players will do)

We’re working on that, and also on a sort of in-game tutorial to clarify the kind of stuff like the above explanation.

new link :

http://sites.google.com/site/tacticspompsteronline/Home/tpo14.jnlp?attredirects=0

More feedback and testing are welcome !
Cheers

Cool game!
How much time a create game ? Do you one create a game? use engines ?
Sorry for my bad English.

Hello Sagusa,
thanks for playing .

I’m working on this game since November last year or so. It is being written by a friend of mine and I , and we don’t use any engines, we use only Java2D .

–PS : for those who have played and faced any crash or strange behavior, please post it here, and if possible, post the file “tpolog.txt”, located in your browser folder .
Looking at the server log I identified some stuff which may be caused by a client crash, but no one reported anything about crashes here . Please don’t be shy !

Thanks in advance