State of Profit

I keep loosing my stations too so I definately need to fix something about that as prio 1. It’s easier to do the lists than a map so maybe I’ll do that first and the map afterwards… I’ll think about it tonight :slight_smile:

Mike

I try on a “low hand” PC : Windows XP, java 1.6_023 and Intel Express G45.
There is no error message but it is stuck at 0 % on “Fetching landscape”.

That isn’t too logical just because it’s a low end computer, the only thing that should happen there is the land being downloaded from the server, I’ll have a look on the server later if I see something.

Mike

I ran the game and it worked fine and without hiccups on my also “low end” PC: Intel integrated GMA

What are those weird blue rectangles that appear in stripes when i zoom out?

What do you do? I just placed some random buildings and roads and made some craters :smiley:

EDIT: Hmmm I have $60 and I did not buy any buses. Bummer :frowning:

May be it is a communication problem (firewall) ?
Do you use a specific port ?
Even so, the communication should fail, do you report an error there in the consol ?

Nothing to do with the PC. I got the samething on the 2 PC now.

The last update seems to have reduced the number of passengers to nearly zero. Nearly all buses are stuck at the stations.

How will you handle the following rather unfair situation:

Player 1:
builds road to connect town A and B
builds a station at town A
builds a station at town B

Player 2:
sees what player 1 did
builds a station at town A
builds a station at town B

I have the same phenomenon on an old intel integrated laptop. It’s supposed to be water but when zoomed out it for some reason misplaces the coordinates (the houses start blinking and the water comes through the ground… If anyone has any idea (other than: older intel GMA cards suck) I’m all ears.

If you go to “How do I play” I wrote a summary of what you “should” do during the first day. But well, real men don’t read manuals, right? :wink:

I didn’t change anything to that… I just logged in and looked and it seems like it’s like it should for me at least. There is a minimum loading time of 1 minute and each bus waits until there are 50 passengers until they leave (full load). I’ll lower the minimum time to 20 seconds so it happens more, and one of the coming 3 or so features is that busses only load what is available, instead of waiting for a full bus.

There is nothing stopping player 2 from doing that, but the first person to connect a city with another city will get a reputation boost with the cities in question (see my previous answer around reputation). Reputation is coming, but apparently there are more urgent matters (where the heck did my station go? :)).

Mike

I really want to destroy stuff, particularly houses that belong to others

But you can’t; its frustrating ^^

lol, it used to be possible but I it didn’t take long until I realized that it’d be impossible in an mmo :stuck_out_tongue:

Mike

There are indeed many weird bugs.

Often the terrain is not loaded correctly, leaving rectangular holes in the ground.

I just bought a bus while I had 21k. After I bought it, I had 1k left, and no bus.

I had a very clear error for it in the server log, fixed it and will apply it shortly, thanks for finding it :slight_smile:

Mike

The terrain not loading correctly is something I’ve been busy with for a long time but it’s connected with so many things (streaming the original and changing containers from the server, calculating shadows, building up the VBOs containing landscape, infrastructure and buildings) that it’s tricky to get it exactly right.

The bus thing was reported before so I’ll look at that part of the code. I don’t see any error message about it at the server (or client) so I’ll just have to go through the code and see what it can be. EDIT: I think I found the error that causes it (the only client error I cannot figure out) so I added some extra logging around there that will clear it all up the next time it happens :slight_smile:

Oh, and don’t worry if you make less money now, I decreased the money generated seeing as people were making a million per day, but instead I increased the city growth speed with 5 times so more happens on that front :slight_smile:

Kind regards,
Mike

The server is offline for a while, I’m fixing some bugs and troubleshooting some login issues.

EDIT: It seems quite unstable at the moment, will have a look at it tonight.

Mike

Now it works with the PC with Intel card ;D
Same problem with the water when zoom out.

As a feature to add (I think you plan it at some point), be able to rotate the view : for some tunels, it is hard to say if it land at the right place (hidden by the ground).

Thanks for the info with the older computer, for some reason older integrated cards are moving the water level when zoomed out (it’s as if it gets less precise where it puts the coordinates…)

Hold down both mousebuttons to rotate the view (or use home and end), it rotates around the point where the cursor is at :slight_smile:

Mike

I fixed one terrain load issue and reproduced another one on an older laptop of mine so I’ll investigate that too soon. At least the server seems to be more stable now after the last patch.

It’s a big difference between 3 simultaneous players in a lan and 10 over the Internet :slight_smile:

It’s depressing to fix bugs so let’s add the list with stations first :slight_smile:

Mike

I don’t know whether this is a bug or a feature, but I saw a bus stopped on a road, rendered dark red.

It is more common to use middle mouse button.

23 buses… my empire is on the go ;D

Good idea, I’ll add so both works (for people without a middle mouse button).

Stopped? It’s only supposed to stop if it comes to an intersection and it needs to wait on another bus (or if it enters a station). You still get your money though as the server doesn’t actually “drive” with the cars and only checks if it arrived based upon the time it should take to drive.

I’ll have a look in the error list :wink:

Almost done with the station list! :slight_smile:

Mike