Square II

Good one. Played on virtual machine full screen and everything went smooth. Liked your fonts. And think it is good to have executables for different platforms, probably you got some headache with that…

And gameplay was like bit too slow on normal board at the beginning… and too fast at the end :slight_smile:

Happy 2012 too!

Haha, glad you liked it, and good to hear that everything went smooth.

Actually, making versions for different platforms is not very difficult once you have a build script (for example using Apache Ant (http://ant.apache.org/). Though I havent got a mac, so I did not manage to test that version. Also, I’d like to make a nice wrapper for linux and mac versions, so that the linux one can be started as a shell script and the mac one as a normal mac app, hiding the java stuff a bit. Anyways, that’s something for later.

A small update: I’ve recompiled the Square2 game using Excelsior JET, which means that it is now a standalone application that does not require you to have Java installed. Also, it’s got a nice installer, which makes the whole installation experience a lot more professional-looking.

You can download the new installer from the Square2 download page.