Showcase appreciation

Just to throw out another idea, what if there was a standard form for Showcase feedback (and perhaps a “Feedback” button next to the “Reply” button)?

Something like:

[b]Standard Showcase Feedback[/b]
I played your game on <insert system here>.

[b]Bugs to report[/b]
<insert details>

[b]Suggested improvements[/b]
<insert details>

[b]Other comments[/b]
<insert details>

Would that make it easier to provide feedback without feeling obliged to lie through your teeth and say how much you enjoyed the game?

Simon

Well I would like to see that, there is a reason why critics and people like AVGN are popular.

But of course everyone can relate; I think some of your and Kevin’s games are crap, but they are already so popular amongst many people and also selling well - so I dont say anything =P
Or in cases in which you couldnt say anything useful really - no point in that kinda feedback either.

Haha, that is illusion: only one of them has ever sold in any numbers even vaguely deserving of the term “success”. I rather agree with you: when I look back at them all I ever see is crap and problems that I wish I could redesign.

Cas :slight_smile:

If you dont have mixed feelings of love and hate over what you create, you must be the worlds first.

I think we should create a section where we all try to say good thing about each other so we can feel the love :slight_smile:

If you are a creator it’s perfectly normal to feel that your creations are imperfect.
Even god thought that the humans he created were imperfect.

You are a good person and have exceptional personal hygiene.

Hahaha thx!!! I think you are a good person too and you are funny.

God should have written better specs or not have outsourced the moral subsystem of humans to low paid holy entities in the first place. Also he should’ve bothered to exist.

XD ;D

Group hugs! :-*

Cas :slight_smile:

hug :-*

I tend to comment on 3D games only. And we don’t have much of that kind nowadays in the showcase section except for Flesh Snatcher (which i actually played more than i’ve played any other game from the showcase in the last months) and of course TUER (which was always there and will stay forever… ;)). I just don’t know what to say about the 100th tower defense or jump and run game with mediocre pixel art or those games that suffer from “kevfication”, i.e. that run in a little window with pixelated graphics…i appreciate the work and ideas that people invest to make such a game, but they are just not my kind of games.

[quote]“kevfication”
[/quote]
Now I know what my art style’s name is!

Maybe you just have something against circles?

Not really. My circle just happened to be different

SSOSS
SOSOS
SSOSS

What I against is curve line.

Man, that’s what I got out of that blog to. I couldn’t finish it because the writer was so self absorbed.
What a time drain. >:(

I usually don’t comment on the showcase, because most of the game are just so-so.