Poker4k

great graphics, very impressive

don’t forget you have to at least support 1.4.2 in order for the entry to pass validation, which means nanoTime() isn’t available this year …

Wow! In 4k? I have to think how the heck did you manage it? Very very nice cartoonish graphics. I like pictures very much. And i’m very sad :’( :’( :’( that required version is 1.5 because im at my job now and have 1.4. Can’t wait to see it in action at home…

currentTimeMillis is jerky… (and takes more bytes :P)

I could make a 2nd version that supports Java 1.4 and call it B.jar and B.jnlp

As for how I did it: be a tiny bit creative and you’ll find the source-code :slight_smile:

Didn’t have to be that creative, haha…
(As I said earlier.) :slight_smile:

Very impresive graphics for 4k! good game! :slight_smile:

w00t!

hehe…

I’ll spend every free hour adding stats and betting! Hm… that would be tomorrow then :-\

Nice visuals :slight_smile:

Btw you can use longer names for the jar and the jnlp file.

Looks very impressive.

1. On my system (win xp) I don’t seem to have the font that enables me to see the hearts, spades etc. All I see is a square.
  2. The jar file doesnt have a manifest file, so I can’t doubleclick on it and run.

Wow, that was a nice bump :slight_smile:

The font is Helvetica, which I assumed to be commonly available on systems.

There are lots of tiny bugs in the game, and it lacks good gameplay, but well, 4 weeks remaining :slight_smile:
The problem is, I have optimized the heck out of it, and changing anything will be a complete nightmare.

the JAR file has no manifest because that would be a waste of space. When using JNLP no manifest is required.

Uh oh appel, that’s a standard font on Windows! Sounds like something messed up on your machine ;D

Great job on the game Riven!
I have some insight on how you did your graphics as my card games on GameLizard have the same strategy in place. All the cards in my games are created through Java2D, no pre-made graphics, and I like em best that way! I lack real art skills so I pride myself in being able to produce pretty things through Java2D haha.

But anyway, very well done :slight_smile: The game runs perfectly smooth for me and all of the effects are just great. The graphics really do look well polished. Now if you could only fit in more gameplay… :wink:

Don’t you love it? I’m sure all the other 4k entry developers understand how it feels to cram all you can into that 4k and then watch people say, “could you add this and this?” haha

I’m affraid adding any gameplay will require me to rewrite the whole thing. Premature optimising…

I really can’t remove anything without breaking something else, and it’s already exactly 4096 bytes

Oh well, maybe starting from scratch is better anyway, if I only had time… :slight_smile:

[quote]I really can’t remove anything without breaking something else, and it’s already exactly 4096 bytes
[/quote]
I took your JAR-file and recompressed it with KZip (instead of whatever you used) which results in a JAR file size of 4037 bytes. In case you wanted to know.

;D

Thanks for letting me know.