*** PLEASE HELP *** Java SE 6u11 - JWS starts my game twice in parallel

Hey bobjob, thanks!

The freewebs servers are so busy that I’ve uploaded a semi release. I’m just trying to upload the new one but can’t. The portal is simply not responding. I’m so upset by that since I’m paying for that!!!

[quote]Hmmm, let see. So your hypothesis is that my app has 2 ways of telling what’s the main class? That’s actually the case:
[/quote]
I’ve uploaded a new version which specify the main class only via the manifest but the issue still exists. :frowning: I think I’ll try not using extensions then.

why not try removing the manifest. And only use the script to call the main class. That ways it should work with all versions of Java.

I doubt I will fix the issue. Do you have a reasoning to try that?

No!!! Don’t do it! When I did it, my game cannot be launched sometimes under Vista. Rather put the real correct main class name both in the manifest and in the JNLP file.

Don’t pay anymore, go to Tuxfamily, it is free, fast, quite reliable (more than freewebs), you have a big space (100 MB for Web, 1 GB for download space, more if you want), FTP, CVS, SVN, GIT, MySQL databases, email accounts…

[quote]No!!! Don’t do it! When I did it, my game cannot be launched sometimes under Vista. Rather put the real correct main class name both in the manifest and in the JNLP file.
[/quote]
That’s an even stronger reason not to do it. Thanks for the warning.

[quote]Don’t pay anymore, go to Tuxfamily, it is free, fast, quite reliable (more than freewebs), you have a big space (100 MB for Web, 1 GB for download space, more if you want), FTP, CVS, SVN, GIT, MySQL databases, email accounts…
[/quote]
Fortunately the performance was significantly improved recently. And the things I like with freewebs are the tools provided. About side building, I have to do only minimal HTML coding. I don’t want to spend a lot of time with HTML and DHTML. There are also other tools and widgets to manage your site content without coding. In all, I save a lot of time. Do you have such features with Tuxfamily? Thanks for the info by the way!

You’re welcome. I would be sad if you wasted your work because of a bug under Vista whereas your game is innovative.

[quote=“TheAnalogKid,post:26,topic:32835”]
No there aren’t but you can find them somewhere else without paying, you can get free templates, a WYSIWYG HTML editor like NVU (it is not the current name).

Humm, I’ll definitely consider it then. :slight_smile: