Objectloader

The getShapeNodes() List is not filled by each loader (maybe it should be). But the model should be correctly textured by the loader itself. I was trying to debug it yesterday, but I couldn’t find any OBJ model with correct matlib on the internet. When I have one, I’ll try to fix the texture bug, if there is any.

Marvin

Hawk is very interested…I updated from SVN to get the Texture/HUD fixes and all of my OBJ Apperances are now null…YOICKS!!!

What to do what to do???.

I am using the current loader getting an OBJModel…textures are gone now.

Marvin, get “Art of Illusion” a free java based 3D modeller and export something as OBJ…this is a quick way. Simple to use modller with many tutourials.

OK, I will. Sorry for the flaw.

I fought a little with blender and aoi and it’s really complicated the create a simple textured sphere >:(. Well, I wan’t even able to get it with aoi. I seem to need to import a texture before I can apply it to an object. But it doesn’t accept a simple jpg.

Please, hawkwind, you would help me a lot to find this bug, if you sent me an obj file with mtl and texture, that was once working with the obj loader. I have really much to do and don’t have time (and am not in a mood) to work through several tutorials to learn blender or aoi now.

Marvin

Thanks, works! OK, I didn’t test the texturing but changing the appearance :slight_smile:
Hmmm… is something like that possible in J3D?? I can’t find any examples…
It’s all right if not … ;D 8)

I don’t know what you can do with J3D. What I know is that you can implement whatever you want with Xith3D !