LWJGL 3 vs JOGL

Right now I’m not using LWJGL3 for commercial projects so I’m low priority :slight_smile: Battledroid is currently developed against LWJGL2 and will probably stay that way. Future projects may migrate to LWJGL3, but largely predicated on that controller support.

I’d be happy with a totally independent API for controllers… provided it worked 100%!

Cas :slight_smile:

I get an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION on:

GL11.glTexImage2D(GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0, GL_RGBA8, windowSize.x, windowSize.y, 0, GL_RGBA, GL_FLOAT, (float[]) null);

I could reproduce. Spasi has been notified. :slight_smile:
As a workaround, you could use

GL11.glTexImage2D(GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0, GL_RGBA8, windowSize.x, windowSize.y, 0, GL_RGBA, GL_FLOAT, (java.nio.ByteBuffer) null);

Thanks, fixed in 3.0.0 build 81.

Offtopic: passing null to glTexImage2D is tricky, not because it is theoretically incorrect, but it trips up drivers occasionally. Among other issues, it can leave a texture in a state that makes it unusable in an FBO (non-deterministically). I had a loop that created a few hundred FBOs and 1-3% would be ‘incomplete’ and always render as white. After forcing the textures to be initialized with arbitrary texels, the problem went away. Just allocate 1 buffer in your app and use it to initialize all textures that are not ‘naturally’ filled with data.

Ehh? I’ve never had that problem. What driver and GPU?