Lander 4K

I didn’t notice anyone else suggest this,but I would suggest setting a flag to enable windowed mode.

Just a thought…otherwise it looks to be coming along nicely.

I’ve optimised the terrain generation code and gained some bytes here and there. I’ve added now exhaust fire when using trust and will be adding sidewards exhaust too.

The flag for fullscreen will be in the next version and the actual version is also 1.4 compatible.

Have fun.

Great job! Plays nicely and has a funky look.

I’m not sure if you’ve updated it recently but it did seem very easy at the current version (I’m normally crap at lander games)

Kev

I’ve updated it several times since people complained it would be too hard and couldn’t land once after 10-15 tries.

I also think it is way too easy, I can safely land all the time without crashing once, even with the last version where there is a random gravity.

I have with the last version 4044 bytes and try to add a decreasing fuel meter with each successfull level.

The new version features:

• a life count (3 decreasing)
  • a successfull level count
  • fire exhaust fume for trust, left & right
  • a windowed and a fullscreen mode

Enjoy !

I like the new landing gear and the flames (haha ;D).

The only thing which is missing is some difficulty-ramping-magic which could be done with the leftover bytes :slight_smile:

I modified your game a little bit, now it has 4.004 Bytes:
http://members.aon.at/witze/lander.jar

WiESi

Now 3.967 Bytes: http://members.aon.at/witze/lander.jar

WiESi

Its much bettter than the last time I checked on it! :slight_smile:

I like the new ship and thrust it has. The lives is also a good addition. The animation is nice and smooth. Somethings I thought of -

• Make a gradient background to jazz the screen up

• Is there any way to make the terrain more smooth? It looks too blocky. If you wanted those rectangles to be tall buildings and you are trying to land on a landing pad on them, it would make sense

• It doesn’t seem fair to ‘kill’ the ship when it touches the top of the screen. Usually lander games let you go off and then gravity eventually pulls you back down. Maybe let them fly off the side and die though.

• What about 2 landing sites. A large and small one?

Keep up the great work!

Dr. A>