Judging panel results

look what turned up on the indiegames site

http://www.indiegames.com/blog/2011/03/java4k_2011_competition_result.html

Pretty cool.

ah cool.
* kappa notes the thanks at the bottom of article :slight_smile:

I’ve never seen cu-on-pa, but i guess that it makes my game a mere ‘demake’ not worthy of the great Yakatoris approval. Making a 4k submission requires a lot of both imagination and creativity, even if the concept is from another game.

I guess i’m preaching to the choir, but still :slight_smile:

More awesomeness news :slight_smile: I can see traffic getting a fair bump.

Just curious, where is most of it coming from? the above links?

In the past days the above referrals have been large, but still less than 50%.

All of January was quite “normal”, direct+searchengines were roughly 80% while referring sites 20%.

Visitors on a ordinary day can be between 300-1,000, but probably average around 500. I think most per day is something in the neighborhood of 15,000, it usually goes up to this number when referred to by a large site.
Not HUGE numbers, like hundreds of thousands, but the traffic is steady, and I assume those 500 visitors are doing something with their time there :slight_smile:

Quite funny, I can’t think of a larger Java-only game site. ::slight_smile:

Thanks to all participants for all these great games this year - my favorite ones being Legend of Zelda 4K, Outrun 4K, Space Explorer and the really underrated Morning Dash 4k. And congratulations to the authors of the best rated ones, I mean Erik Byström, Kevin Glass, pjt33 and of course zeerone.

My only regret this year was the impossibility for me to play to Alan Waddington’s Mage Wars, which looked very promising… Too bad there was no one player version of this game.

But now that I think about it, I have a second regret : not seeing the completion of Super Me4k Boy !

Appel, it was a great idea to allow code sharing on the java4k site. And thanks to all who shared their code, with a special mention to zeerone ( of course ! ).

See you on the 2012 session. I already wonder how much the “end of the world” theme will be traited…

congrats to everyone! and many thanks to all the reviewers! it was great fun participating in this, I’ll defo be back for 2012! ;D

http://www.next-gen.biz/features/the-friday-game-4kanabalt