JGO Comp 2009

Yeah, me too, providing I have a suitable idea/inspiration based on the chosen Theme… Need a break for WebSite Bug Fixing…
May be a good opportunity to finally finish a PulpCore Applet too.

I think I could probably scrape together a further $20 prize money if you like.

Cas :slight_smile:

Awesome, princec.

I could donate some of the money I’ve made of minecraft (since it’s within paypal)! Can I still compete if I do? =D

how about some free games too for the winners? minecraft, droid assault, etc, (it’d be a nice form of indirect advertising for you ppl too, if some big site reports the competition :))

Yeah, I reckon free games would be fine too as they don’t technically cost me anything :slight_smile:

Sure thing. All the winners get a free account for Minecraft.

And their choice of Puppygame.

I could throw in a free Bullsquared account… For the losers ???

I could probably chip in some $20 as well!?

Sounds great, everyone. games and/or accounts are a great idea. If you’re interested in contributing, please PM me the details of what you want your prize to be, plus instructions for delivery (especially what to do in the case of there being enough entrants for a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prize). If you’re giving money via Paypal, I will also give my Paypal account name to whoever asks, as it’s where the prize money is being kept for now.

Just to throw out a random thought…

How about following up an idea from the tail end of this thread? Namely, use the competition to find a prototype for a new community project.

Probably not a practical idea, but I figured it was worth mentioning. 8)

Simon

Well, why not? Perhaps the winning project can become a prototype, or whichever project the community agrees upon liking the most. Once the contest is over we should definitely start a conversation about that.

I’m join compotetion of games building!

Crazy hazey… :persecutioncomplex:

-rbo

So, I haven’t gotten any PMs about potential prize contributions. Are people still interested in helping?

Thanks to Cas for contributing some more prizes!

All entrants now receive Ultratron and the winner gets Titan Attacks and Droid Assault!

very cool.

would be nice if the organises decided on a theme a while before the compition. as last time the sprite sheet seemed a bit last minute.
Im happy to work on resources, such as: basic models(for 3D) and a sprite sheet(for 2D) relating to the theme, if given enough time to work on them.

i’m already waiting for the compo…
;D

I’m looking forward to it too and have been looking at my previous code wondering what could be reused (which very much depends on the theme). Most of it’s 3D related, apart from a space invaders game. Been thinking about themes: so many possibilities…
Alan

Good idea, however almost all my code is 4k and j2me. so not many options for me.

Teams allowed?

Kev