How to not suck at pixel art?

I feel like the different colors don't go well together, or I just need to make the planets more pixelated. 

No, but thats because you’ve used two completely different color schemes and even art types here…
Rather redraw the planet than the ship, the colors are just too pale and it has way too less details…
Also the black borders on the planet break completely with everything the ship does.

you should make the planet a little bigger or the spaceship a little smaller so the spaceship does’nt look that huge.

but it is much better than my pixel art.

This is what I came up with. All I did was duplicate your wings and bring them back some more.

Upload the thingamajig to imgur. copy the messageboard format thing on the site and paste it here.

There we go. Tell me what you think. The shadows were messed up though :frowning:

I Like it much better! :D. Don’t worry, ill fix up the shadows. Thank you!!! ;D

No problem, man. Enjoy! Let me know if you need anything else! :slight_smile:

Well thanks to you guys’ tips and help, I now have some decent art that will begin the foundation of my game.

The game amazing already! Keep up the good work! :wink:

Seriously, the art styles you used for the ship and for the planet dont match up.
The planet looks like its made with crayon (which can actually look good) and the ship is rather pixel arts with strong colors so they just look messed together…
Also, did you try to use clouds on the planet? Makes it usually look more planetish…