Galactic Conquest 4K - II

Finally, I took some time to play this game. I liked very much the first version, and this new one seems to be an improvement in the right direction.

Unfortunately, I encountered a freezing bug on restarting the game. It froze once I clicked on the “Go!” button. It happened three times.

I’ve updated the game yet again (my wrapper still needs to be updated, please have some patience). The changes:

• ‘difficult’ level increased in difficulty a bit
  • several small bug fixes which may (or may not) have caused the reported crashes
  • performance improvements (especially with very large numbers of ships around)

I really hope this helped the bugs you guys encountered. I’ve play-tested the new version a few times, and did not find any problems so far.

Fun game, I think it is still difficult to tell whether or not a system is selected. I miss-ordered many of my troops to their demise :frowning:

i finally won on the difficult setting! Great game! I loved last years version, and this one is even better.

It seems that after I get a lot of ships on the screen (a LOT) the game does not listen to my commands all the time. I have to select planets and give an order about 3 times before it sticks. Also, it would be handy if the planets stayed selected, especially when you have giving ONE and HALF orders. So, you could just a series of commands to the same group of planets without re selecting them.

bernie

[quote=“bernieberg,post:24,topic:40497”]
Thanks ;D That is actually a very nice idea. I implemented it right away.

I’ve also tuned some small things, i.e. stars are a little bit closer together now which should make maps a bit more interesting (as stars may cluster together more).

It tried it again twice, and the freezing bug I formerly noticed on restarting the game didn’t occur again.