Dungeon4k

Hmm it looks pretty, but I can’t figure out what’s going on… I think I’d prefer A and D to turn and Q and E to strafe also :slight_smile:

[quote]I’m not.
[/quote]
BTW: that was intended as a rhetorical comment rather than an accusation :).

I was only suggesting it as a nice way to “evolve” the DM game, making use of the fact that a lot of extra techniques are both available and trivial in programmer time these days which could make the new game a bit more interesting…

[quote]Hmm it looks pretty, but I can’t figure out what’s going on… I think I’d prefer A and D to turn and Q and E to strafe also :slight_smile:
[/quote]
It uses the original DM controls. =)
(well, mapped to the left side of the kb as well for comfort)

blahblahblahh:
I’m just saying that with 360 motion and nice graphics, you might as well make a morrowind instead of a dungeon master.
Or, you know, a wurm.

[quote](UU was happily doing quake graphics and richer gameplay on hardware 1/2 the speed of what Quake required as a minimum to run; PS: reminds me of the Carmack thread; carmack == great programmer? My arse. Go play UU; came out 2 years before even Doom1).
[/quote]
UU was developed by an established company as part of an existing franchise, Doom developed by 1 programmer and 2 others and they ran on equivelant HW. Doom was also a much more advanced engine (in terms of graphics).

Though, Carmack was just a kid at the time anyways when he started working on the engines for Wolf and Doom, 18, so he could only set the standard, not redefine the entire genre…he did that later at 23 :wink:

Wow…come to think of it Carmack really is amazing! :smiley:

Good point!