Different ways of bundling JARs

I’m exporting my game to a runable jar, it takes 1 minute to load. While it takes seconds in the eclipse IDE…
I couldn’t find anything on Google. Anyone have this issue before?

Hm, I haven’t. Do you maybe have some weird invisible files in there bogging it down, or something? Do some ls -la and have a look, maybe.

[quote]Hm, I haven’t. Do you maybe have some weird invisible files in there bogging it down, or something? Do some ls -la and have a look, maybe.
[/quote]
I have looked inside the jar to figure out why and couldn’t see a problem. Very odd issue indeed. Might be something wrong with the eclipse generated jar loading classes.

Isn’t it simply that now that your resources are compressed in a JAR, the JVM has to decompress them? A minute is rather lang, but if you have a few hundred JPEGs or other media files in your JAR, that can take a few more seconds.

[quote]Isn’t it simply that now that your resources are compressed in a JAR, the JVM has to decompress them? A minute is rather lang, but if you have a few hundred JPEGs or other media files in your JAR, that can take a few more seconds.
[/quote]
The Jar has only libraries and a few models/songs (less then 2 megs total). My games in the past have loaded instant even with hundreds of sprites.

Very peculiar. Pointing visualvm at it would be the next step I suppose. Even just taking a few jstack snapshots during the startup process would probably shed some light.