Deploy JVM games as Linux, Mac, and Windows native bundles

I’ve added an issue https://github.com/shannah/jdeploy/issues/25

I’ll need to set up a Linux Mint VM to test and see what’s going on there.

1 Like

Ok, thanks.

Yes. A limitation right now is that I use Github actions for a lot of the CI in builds and they don’t support Aarch64. There are ways to set up a self-hosted runner, its more complex so haven’t had a chance to do that yet.

1 Like

Regarding Building Executable Jar File

Gradle application plugin, on distributing, creates OS-specific start scripts for executing the app and does not create an executable jar. Can you please point me to some doc that explains how to make an executable jar with Gradle to be used with jDeploy? (not a fat jar I mean)

Thanks

Hello

It seems to be a valuable effort to ease deployment. My own tool JNDT suits better for those who don’t want to use NPM and those who need RPM too but you have to handle updates and notarization by yourself then. Your developer guide is quite good with many screen captures and understandable explanations with pertinent details, keep up the good work. I see that you’re under OS X, I hope that you often test under GNU Linux and Microsoft Windows because that’s the main challenge of maintaining such a tool.

1 Like

I test everything on Linux and Windows as well as Mac. I prefer Mac, which is why the screenshots are all Mac, but I also use my Windows 10 and Ubuntu development machines regularly. As necessary I also fire up VMs with other versions of Linux for testing.

RPM is planned, just haven’t had a chance to get around to it yet. The .bin installer will work on all versions of Linux. Originally I wasn’t going to do .deb or .rpm distributions - and just do the .bin installer (for simplicity), but, on ubuntu at least, there is no way to run a .bin installer in the GUI. You have to run it from the command-line. The point of this is to remove as much friction as possible, so I didn’t want users to have to use command-line at all - hence the .deb packages.

1 Like

Maybe you can use Redline RPM: