Clocktower Games looking for Java Programmers (Profit Share Project Only)

I’m wary of OP here since Clocktower Games doesn’t give me anything on google and they mentioned using Slick…a dead library…

I’m more wary that they haven’t replied to this thread at all despite it garnering so much attention around here, as well as not having anything to show in their initial post.

Hard to tell if someone is professional without a logo, website, a video, any concept art, etc. Just a generic game description and a claim of coding experience.

If they provided at least a little bit more info it might be more appealing, but that may just be my perspective.

They dont reply to emails either :confused:

Hi there I’m Sean and I’m the lead designer of Tortuga Island. I’m happy to answer any questions you might have.

For those asking for to look at media we currently are unable to show any content publicly as we are still in the process of organising certain contracts. It is not ideal, but it should not be for long.

However we will be launching a website soon including a dev blog where our developers will be posting status updates and showing samples of art, music and other information. We are in this process now and I will keep you updated

You are quite right on both points. We are aiming for high production values (art, music, overall design) with this game as a point of difference from other platformers out there so there’s quite a bit of work. We also require people to be over 18 so that people are able to sign contracts for themselves. This should have been made clear in the initial post.

This is true and Clocktower games is actually a transitional name until legal contracts have been finalised.

Slick2d is what suits our needs best so we decided to use it. It’s not a dead library. It’s simply being maintained by different people.

More information can be found here
http://slick.ninjacave.com/

I believe you have received a reply now. I think it may have been overlooked initially

Hopefully this answers all outstanding questions and apologies to those who do not meet the age requirement but unfortunately it is not viable for us to be recruiting those who cannot sign for themselves.

Regards

Sean

You know, with that reply, I’m now starting to be interested in applying for this… I’ve needed something to keep me busy for a while :slight_smile: